BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

06-29-2015, 02:47 PM   #1
dipesh90
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 ///M3

From E46 to E90 M3 - details/pics!

Hi all, somewhat new member here. I've been lurking around for months and finally found the perfect car for me.

Sold my 2002 E46 M3 and purchased a 2009 E90 M3 from fellow member WWM3.

Oh, and I got hit hard with the mod bug

Details and pics:

-2009 M3 Sedan 6MT - Alpine White / Fox Red
-36,xxx miles on the clock
-CPO until mid 2016
-Options: Cold weather, technology, premium, comfort access, premium sound, 19" wheels

Cosmetics:
-OEM BMW gloss black kidney grills
-OEM BMW Performance CF splitters
-IND paint matched reflectors
-IND paint matched side markers w/ dark tint
-IND gloss black M3 badge
-Gloss black wrapped hood vents
-CF wrapped mirror caps (I know, I know; I plan to get the real deal at some point)
-Tint: 20% rear, 35% front, 50% front windshield

Performance:
-Borla ATAK muffler
-ACM test pipes
-BPM Stage II tune
-BMC air filter

Wheels/tires:
-19" Morr VS 8.2
-OEM 19" tires

Suspension:
Eibach springs

Misc:
-2015-2 Map update
-Coding
-LED angel eyes

What's next??
-IND CRT style spoiler
-CF diffuser
-OEM BMW performance mirror caps
-Winter tires for stock 19" wheels
-RECOMMENDATIONS??

Last edited by dipesh90; 06-29-2015 at 08:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 02:59 PM   #2
STooK
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Looks really clean!
Appreciate 1
      06-29-2015, 03:06 PM   #3
The-Traveler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & G30 530e

Your leather seats look a little shiny. You should clean them to keep them at a matte finish, but moisturized.

Otherwise, car looks good. th:up
Appreciate 2
      06-29-2015, 03:49 PM   #4
JesseInSb
Private
Rep
Drives: 2003 M3

CRT spoiler, and an Arkym diffuser
Maybe a good professional detail and new shift knob too!
Appreciate 2
      06-29-2015, 04:18 PM   #5
T!m3
BMW maniac!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: ///M3 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by STooK View Post
Looks really clean!
+
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 04:29 PM   #6
BimmerRookie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 Cavalier Z24 M3

How do you like that Borla ATAK?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 04:54 PM   #7
Matt@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: V8 tricycle

Nice pick up! Good luck with her.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 05:27 PM   #8
GotE46M
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Few M cars.

Jumped from a E46 M to a E92 and couldn't have made a better decision.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 05:28 PM   #9
dipesh90
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRookie View Post
How do you like that Borla ATAK?
Borla ATAK is a fantastic exhaust without any other performance mods. It literally doesn't drone at all and there's no rasp. It's quiet enough to not wake up the neighbors and really opens up when you step on it. However, with test pipes, it REALLY opens up. At first, I thought maybe it's too loud, but after driving it for a few weeks, I started getting used to it. I even let my buddy drive while I sat out so I could hear it from the outside. It's definitely a head turner. I'm most probably going to stick with this setup for a while. The only thing I wish I did was get the cold start delete option with the BPM stage II tune. My neighbors probably hate me every morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotE46M View Post
Jumped from a E46 M to a E92 and couldn't have made a better decision.
Agreed! It was between a C63 AMG or E9x M3 for me. Boy, am I glad I chose the M!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Traveler View Post
Your leather seats look a little shiny. You should clean them to keep them at a matte finish, but moisturized.

Otherwise, car looks good. th:up
Any recommendations on a good leather cleaner / moisturizer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseInSb View Post
CRT spoiler, and an Arkym diffuser
Maybe a good professional detail and new shift knob too!
Definitely agree on the CRT spoiler and Arkym diffuser. I hear the Borla ATAK has fitment issues with some diffusers. Any advice?

Shift knob recommendations would be great too! This is probably petty, but I would like to keep the illuminated knob but definitely want something heavier than stock. Do I have any reputable options??

Thanks guys, keep the recommendations coming!

Last edited by dipesh90; 06-29-2015 at 05:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 05:47 PM   #10
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M3 SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipesh90 View Post
Borla ATAK is a fantastic exhaust without any other performance mods. It literally doesn't drone at all and there's no rasp. It's quiet enough to not wake up the neighbors and really opens up when you step on it. However, with test pipes, it REALLY opens up. At first, I thought maybe it's too loud, but after driving it for a few weeks, I started getting used to it. I even let my buddy drive while I sat out so I could hear it from the outside. It's definitely a head turner. I'm most probably going to stick with this setup for a while. The only thing I wish I did was get the cold start delete option with the BPM stage II tune. My neighbors probably hate me every morning.

Agreed! It was between a C63 AMG or E9x M3 for me. Boy, am I glad I chose the M!

Definitely agree on the CRT spoiler and Arkym diffuser. I hear the Borla ATAK has fitment issues with some diffusers. Any advice?

Shift knob recommendations would be great too! This is probably petty, but I would like to keep the illuminated knob but definitely want something heavier than stock. Do I have any reputable options??

Welcome OP,
great car you got there!

I have the Arkym diffuser on my car, at first i was going to sell it because it covered the OEM exhaust tips too much, but i am growing to like it now. I am also considering changing out my exhaust so We'll see how this works with longer exhaust tips.
you will have to work on the Arkym diffuser as it does have some fitment issues. What i had to do was to use silicone to fill out the gaps between the bumper and it looks great afterwards
Also I have a CRT replica lip that I am selling for good price with great fitment. might be good for you as an inexpensive means of testing out such a set up.

I think the wrapped Mirror caps looks good. I have mirror covers on my car and i hate the gaps and will replace them soon with OEM covers...
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 11:01 AM   #11
JesseInSb
Private
Rep
Drives: 2003 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipesh90 View Post

Not sure on the Borla, i like X pipes and I'm not a fan of the ATAK with an x pipe.
Shift knob illuminated and a little extra weight, sounds like you should get the f10 m5 knob! It looks worlds better as well.

Edit: A great cleaner for the leather is leather masters. Buy the soft cleaner off amazon, and maybe a swissvax brush. Wait for a hot day and leave the car outside it will help open the pores of the leather (hide works a lot like skin), put some in a spray bottle and spray it on, use the brush with light to no pressure for a while, then wipe in a sweeping upward motion to pull out the contaminants that will foam out of your seat.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 09:00 AM   #12
The-Traveler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & G30 530e

I just did leatherique last weekend and agree that its the best.
Google it.
Appreciate 0