BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-29-2015, 07:23 PM   #1
Dboyz321
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Accident repair woes.

Due to living over an hour away from a certfied repair facility I went to a local repair facility.

The fender light came off in my hand. Sure that's not right. Is it supposed to screwed in or glued on?

Happened to finally have time to hand wash my car today due weather and a hex screw fell off while wiping the bumper. Looked under neath the bumper cover and there is about four screw missing including on the end.

Are all the screws on the bottom of the bumper cover supposed to be the 8mm hex? And is there supposed to be a anything between the bumper and screw?

Thanks for any help.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 07:44 PM   #2
Pig Farmer
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M

If memory serves me, there are five holes on the bottom of each side of the bumper (under the opening for the oil cooler brake ducts). I'm pretty sure two holes on each side do not have/take hex screws. The hex screws go in the two outside hold (i.e holes on each end) and the center hole. The open holes are probably just there for drainage? The hex screws have a captive washer and nothing goes between the washer and the bumper. You can pick up the hex screws at a dealer (Part# 07147129160) but it's probably cheaper to buy them online. I bought all the hex screws the dealer had in stock, not asking the price. Twelve screws cost me $30.

I'll take a look after dinner and confirm the number of screws/holes.

Edit: Dinner's delayed so I had a look. Both of my 135i's are as described above. So it goes screw-empty-screw-empty-screw on each side.

Last edited by Pig Farmer; 03-30-2015 at 07:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 07:49 PM   #3
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

You could always have a new body shop take a look at your body work repairs. And then have the second shop fix your car to make it 100%. Your insurance company will then go after shop #1.
Appreciate 0