BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

BPM

03-27-2015, 12:27 AM   #1
pooyab
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 2020 BMW M5C

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
M3 vs. GT Revs

Went on a cruise with my friend, stopped by a spot and had a quick rev match. Mustang couldn't keep up on the twisties, but did fairly well in the straights. He said it was his lack of skills but we all know that it was the car
There weren't any two lane sections of road to do a side-by-side, so rolling and from a stop is still inconclusive.

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 08:44 AM   #2
nicksm3
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 Competition

Its great hearing an S65 side by side this 5.0...you cant compare with the sound of the M3. Love the new stangs especially the GT350 but the harmonics of the S65 is pure symphony.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 12:22 PM   #3
obe100
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: on the weekends…

Who wins??? (question in the vid) - maybe not a fair question.

Having heard the new Mustang in person…..stock vs. stock - the Mustang sounds better than the e9x. To take it a step further - comparing the new Mustang to the F8x platform is like a firing a round from a tank vs. a pop gun.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 12:30 PM   #4
pooyab
Major
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by obe100 View Post
Who wins??? (question in the vid) - maybe not a fair question.

Having heard the new Mustang in person…..stock vs. stock - the Mustang sounds better than the e9x. To take it a step further - comparing the new Mustang to the F8x platform is like a firing a round from a tank vs. a pop gun.
Stock exhausts on both a ridiculously quiet, especially for V8s. And the new RC-F is even worse.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 12:33 PM   #5
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 sold, M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooyab View Post
Stock exhausts on both a ridiculously quiet, especially for V8s. And the new RC-F is even worse.
Would you please explain how hard was it for you to be in front of the GT?
Did you felt you were faster? Saying this because I once lined up( germany autobahn ) with a Mustang GT 5.0 ( 2013 ) and the M3 E92 got his door's blown off by it.
Just saying the GT was stock and definately had more torque that gave him the punch to get away.
How is it with this one?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 12:37 PM   #6
pooyab
Major
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsix
Quote:
Would you please explain how hard was it for you to be in front of the GT?
Did you felt you were faster? Saying this because I once lined up( germany autobahn ) with a Mustang GT 5.0 ( 2013 ) and the M3 E92 got his door's blown off by it.
Just saying the GT was stock and definately had more torque that gave him the punch to get away.
How is it with this one?
On the turns it was actually really easy to pull away, a couple times I had to slow down and wait for him to catch up.
But, like I said, we didn't get to do any side-by-side runs to see who's faster on a straight because all the route was primarily single lane, or busy local streets.
Interlagos Blue/Speed Cloth | BayOptiks DTM Headlights | Alpine Stage 2 | KW Clubsport | Resonated X-Pipe | Eisenmann Race | StopTech BBK | TE37SL | YFCM CF Driveshaft | Hotchkis F/R Sways | F/R Endlinks | Turner Control Arms and Front Tension Bushings | Powerflex Diff Bushings | Turner Solid Subframe Bushings | MS Underdrive Pulley and Intake | Alpine DCT Tune | Karbonius Intake | Carbon Roof (TBD)
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 12:40 PM   #7
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
On the turns it was actually really easy to pull away, a couple times I had to slow down and wait for him to catch up.
But, like I said, we didn't get to do any side-by-side runs to see who's faster on a straight because all the route was primarily single lane, or busy local streets.
Thank's for the fast response! Hey please if you find the right time, line up and give me feedback. iam really curious!
Also try to take a look at his trunk and look if it's missaligned. Don't want you to be an azz just would like to know if other people can confirm what I've seen in person.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 12:43 PM   #8
pooyab
Major
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsix
Quote:
Thank's for the fast response! Hey please if you find the right time, line up and give me feedback. iam really curious!
Also try to take a look at his trunk and look if it's missaligned. Don't want you to be an azz just would like to know if other people can confirm what I've seen in person.
Might see him next Saturday, if I do I'll take a look for you and maybe even set up the run, but from what I remember his body panels are aligned and well.
Interlagos Blue/Speed Cloth | BayOptiks DTM Headlights | Alpine Stage 2 | KW Clubsport | Resonated X-Pipe | Eisenmann Race | StopTech BBK | TE37SL | YFCM CF Driveshaft | Hotchkis F/R Sways | F/R Endlinks | Turner Control Arms and Front Tension Bushings | Powerflex Diff Bushings | Turner Solid Subframe Bushings | MS Underdrive Pulley and Intake | Alpine DCT Tune | Karbonius Intake | Carbon Roof (TBD)
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 12:44 PM   #9
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Might see him next Saturday, if I do I'll take a look for you and maybe even set up the run, but from what I remember his body panels are aligned and well.
Thank you man!
Appreciate 0