EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-17-2015, 10:48 PM   #1
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Eisenmann Race F80 M3 Exhaust Added

1. So turned in my 2014 BMW 650ix Gran Coupe...check
2. Took delivery of my new F80 M3...check
3. Called the guys at IND (thanks once again Nate) and inquired as to availability of an Eisennman Race Exhaust for the car....check
4. Exhaust was ordered and apt set up with my favorite shop down in Portland, Oregon (thanks Jeremy as always you guys at Matrix Integrated are OUTSTANDING)
5. Me...happy camper! YES SIR!

Installation
Exhaust fitment is good althought there was some issues with initial fitment. My shop had done an Akrapovic system on an M4 earlier which took a bit less time than the Eisenmann. The Akrapovic doesn’t require midpipes to be cut while the Eisenmman does if you don't order the Eisennman midpipe setup. Otherwise its an easy drop of the old exhaust and bold on the new one. I didn't order the midpipe so on my Eisenmann my shop noted that there isn’t sufficient room in the exhaust tunnel to cut where is needed with the OEM midpipes mounted on the car, so they had to drop the midpipes too, cut them while off the car, then remount the exhaust. Apparently I had a set where the driver side pipe was bent/formed at such an angle that it didn’t easily slip into the factory mid-muffler exit pipe which delayed things. However two techs were able to push/pull/force it into correct position so it finally fit good, but it was not easy in the least to do I am told. Otherwise fitment was great. Only other note of comparison given was the Akrapovic was much lighter and fitment a bit better but then again that was a full system with midpipes and cat back and pipes so as said earlier it was drop and re-mount the new system. Suspect the Eisenmann would be similar or any other aftermarket exhaust with a similar full system retrofit according to my shop. Other biggest issue or note is that Eissenmann has moved the ECV mounts a bit on their exhaust which will require your tech to re-wire/loosen the wires for the ECV for the exhaust servos when they mount them to the new Eisenmann system and remount. Easy enough to do IF you're aware of it and prep. Thankfully a previous post mentioned it by another forum member so I was aware.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1074773

Install time I believe was about 2.5 hrs max.

Aesthetics? Looks great. Nate@IND was able to secure me a set of Nano coated black and Stainless Steel pipes that are still new in the US. They only had two sets so far and I got one of them. I think they go great with the Black Sapphire Metallic color of the car. Am now even more hesitant whether to add a CF rear diffuser as I am not sure if it will actually be visible enough the way the rear diffuser is mounted on the M3/M4. However it JUST may add a bit of contrast to the Eisenmann to high light those awesome tips even more.

Sound? Great...outstanding. Not too loud and obnoxious but definitely a difference from stock especially when cold and/or when the values are open and/or in Sport or Sport Plus mode. Would I do a midpipe? Depends on if I want more noise and also if I'd do Eisenmann's resonated vs non-resonated. Either would require a CEL delete mechanism such as the Macht Schnell ECV valve control system...maybe this summer? Thoughts gents?

If I can figure out how to post a sound clip (advise?) then I'll definitely get one posted. Otherwise thanks to Nate@IND and Jeremy and the guys at Matrix Integrated in Portland, Or for once again making my M3/BMW design dreams come true. If you're in the Pacific NW these guys have the talent and dedication to definitely make your car what you desire. I don't drive down from SEATAC area to Portland for nothing. Best customer service I've even had and man IF you have a BMW and want quality and good gear..IND well enuff said if you're on this forum! Don't just take it from me..do a search.

Hope you enjoy the pics and feel free to comment or PM with any questions.
Attached Images

'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 4
      03-18-2015, 03:43 AM   #2
djflex
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M4 F82 ordered

Looks great - congrats
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 06:06 AM   #3
rubber_ducky
Colonel
Rep
Drives: roach coach

Do you have a shot of the entire rear of the car showing the new tips? I have an azurite black car and undecided on tip color.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 06:36 AM   #4
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

awesome! congrats!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 12:32 PM   #5
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_ducky
Do you have a shot of the entire rear of the car showing the new tips? I have an azurite black car and undecided on tip color.
Does this work? Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-18-2015, 01:00 PM   #6
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

Nice! You made the same transition from 650i xdrive gran coupe to f80. The biggest surprise for me is that the f80 takes uneven road surfaces and imperfections better then the 650.

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 02:05 PM   #7
rubber_ducky
Colonel
Rep
Drives: roach coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
Does this work? Thanks
It does. Thank you.

Looks great.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 10:48 PM   #8
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianeck
Nice! You made the same transition from 650i xdrive gran coupe to f80. The biggest surprise for me is that the f80 takes uneven road surfaces and imperfections better then the 650.
Wow...thought it was just me. What was your reasoning/thought process? Yes the f80 is a great car!

Also please note Akrapovic exhaust also offers a rear section only that requires cutting just like the Eisenmann rear option per IND.

Slip-on = http://ind-distribution.com/ind/bran...st-system-1614
EVO = http://ind-distribution.com/ind/bran...st-system-1408

Last edited by mdrobc13; 03-24-2015 at 12:25 AM..
Appreciate 0