BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

Mporium BMW

03-12-2015, 07:48 AM   #1
BMWDEMON
Super modder
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & E46 M3

First the icing on the cake, now the cherry on top PART II!!!

Now we add some sprinkles!

It is my pleasure to share with the community the year long investigation, countless emails, hours of looking in many places that I finally found the car that totally took my breathe away.

As you all know Justin(OKC) built his car with some very special pieces and modifications that you only find in a few cars. Justin's attention to detail, pristine selection of modifications, and execution of those selections make this car very, very special. When I found his for sale post I quickly emailed Justin who was super responsive and class act gentleman. We exchanged many emails and in the end Justin decided to sell his special car to me.

My dream E90 M3 is going to be picked up tomorrow around noon OKC time and I couldn’t be happier! A HUGE thanks goes out to Justin for being a straight up honest, humble and great guy. It was an honor to talk at length via email about the car, what I was looking for, and finally being able to purchase his vehicle.

I’ll be updating this thread as my trip unfolds over the next 3-4 days for my travels home and as I make subtle changes to an already perfect car. It will not be easy nor is it necessary to make any major changes to the car. Instead I will concentrate on small details to enhance an already great car. The items that I have are Rennline aluminum custom pedals which are matched to Autohaus extended DCT paddles with the same finish with the - and + in red. I believe that these small accents will enhance the interior. I have more things in mind but will update this info as I finalize details. There will be no large changes as Justin has already put those touches on his masterpiece.

Below will be pictures of my travels from Annapolis, Maryland to Oklahoma City and back. My intentions are to take a nice route back home to my wonderful family and my supportive wife. She does her best to understand my car love and has been awesome about the whole transaction starting when I told her about finding the dream E90 M3 that would become part of our stable.

I started in 1998 with my first BMW but ever since I was a kid, seeing my first M3, always wanted one. I started with a 318ti in Europe with the M package on it and from there I was hooked. I finally got an M3 a few years later and since then have modified, flipped, and bought several M3’s with one making the cover of EuroTuner in 2006 in a collaboration production with Vincent Wong from IForged wheels.

A few years later I got married, had a child, and life moved on and priorities changed. It didn’t mean that my love went away but just meant that things were done differently. My wife and I had a second child born with a super rare condition called Vein of Galen malformation and our whole life changed. We battle by my sons side for over 7 months in the hospital and he is currently home with us and recovering very well. I am blessed with a great family and couldn't be happier.

I currently drive a 2005 IB M3 that I feel is a representation of a great platform for a daily driver that puts a smile on my face each day. I dream of rebuilding the car and setting it up mostly for track. It will either be sold in the future or if it doesn’t sell will spend its time in a garage, checked on weekly, and one day put in a garage with a rack and rebuilt from the ground up.

Here is the current mod list:

Year: 2011
Model: BMW M3 Sedan
Color: Alpine White
Transmission: M-DCT
Interior seat/trim color: Fox Red Extended/Carbon Leather
Package Options:
Premium Package 2
Convenience Package
Cold Weather Package
Competition Package
Power Rear and Side Sunshades
Enhanced Premium Sound
Satellite Radio
BMW Apps
Automatic High Beams

Interior Modifications:

Rennline pedal and foot rest set in silver (new)
AutoHaus silver extended DCT paddles with red inserts (match interior) (new)
BMW Motorsport e-brake handle (new)

Exterior Modifications:

IND Carbon Fiber Roof
IND Euro Front Bumper (deleted headlight washers)
IND Keyhole Delete Cover
IND Gloss Black Mesh Grills (front and back)
IND Gloss Black Kidney Grills and Gills
IND Painted Intake and Intake Plenum
Bimmian Alpine White License plate Frame
3M Crystalline CR-40 Tint
3M Crystalline CR-70 Windshield Tint
Ventureshield Paint Protection
Cquartz Ceramic Paint Coating
OEM Euro Side Mirrors - Aspheric (wide angle)

Wheels/Tires:

BBS LM-R Ericsson Spec
*20x9 ET8 - 245/30/20 Michelin Pilot Super Sport
*20x10 ET18 - 275/30/20 Michelin Pilot Super Sport
OEM ZCP wheels Michelin Pilot Super Sports

Suspension:

Vorshlag Camber Plates
AST 5300 Dampers
Swift Springs and Thrust Sheets (504# front/784# rear - 7"/8")
Swift Front/Rear Helper Springs
Powergrid Anti-Roll Bar Links (front)
GC Anti-Roll Bar Links (rear)
Rogue Engineering Rear Toe Links painted Porsche Guards Red
Macht Schnell EDC emulator

Engine/Drivetrain Modifications:

ESS Tuning Akrapovic Performance Software

Stoptech Trophy BBK
*380mm - front
*355mm - rear
Castrol SRF Brake Fluid

Exhaust:

Akrapovic Evolution System with Carbon Fiber Tips

A few pictures of Justin's masterpiece

STAY TUNED!
Attached Images

Last edited by BMWDEMON; 03-12-2015 at 08:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 07:48 AM   #2
BMWDEMON
Super modder
United_States
Rep

The trip from Annapolis, OKC and back!

Thank you everyone for looking and reading the thread! It is nice to know that the community is so tightly knit although we are from different places in the world.

So below you will see pictures from my travels which begins in Baltimore MD where I was dropped off at the airport by my good friend Bob. Once I got on the plane I flew to Chicago and then to OKC starting my travels at 445am and being picked up by Justin at the airport at around noon CST.

view coming in from Chicago - frozen areas on the lake

OKC airport

From there we drove to Justin's house, checked out the car, his E30 M3 race car and just talked cars which was amazing. Justin is a stand up guy and had everything in order and the car ready to go. We wrapped up the ZCP wheels and packed them up into the car and after several hours was on my way.

First stop! killer burger and a few rainy shots of the car

a shot of me with the car loaded and in a good mood!

Headed out of OKC immediately and ran into storm weather as soon as I got on the highway and didn't see the sun again until Sunday afternoon! It was a complete monsoon and got super difficult to drive especially when it got dark. I had to make it to Memphis because I had already reserved a hotel. I got into Memphis around 1130PM and was disappointed that NOTHING was open! I was hoping to at least have a beer and relax at the bar for an hour to unwind but it wouldn't happen. Instead I bought a beer at the convenience store and headed up to my room and relax which ended up being better. I also had the valet leave the car out front and was able to see it from my room.

View of car from hotel room

The next day I woke up to nothing but rain, clouds and heavy fog! I didn't see the country side until I hit TN and that was later in the afternoon. I didn't eat breakfast in the hotel because nothing was open still and wanted to get on the road. I stopped for lunch at Corner BBQ which was awesome. First I started talking to the owners and before you know it we were talking like I hadn't seen them for years and when I sat down the brother came over and sat with me and talked! Lunch was 9 dollars! It would be close to 20 in MD! Got back on the road and many hours later pulled into Morgan Town, WV. I did the same as TN and went upstairs, had a beer, and crashed.

My view the next morning....WHAT?!?!?!?!

Yummy lunch for 9 dollars!

The next morning was a crisp cold morning so the drive through the West Virginia mountains were fun but still tentative because I didn't want to hit ice and actually had some moments of flurries! Several hours later I made it home with a bouquet of flowers for my wife and was welcomed home by my 3 year old son with a lot of hugs which made coming home even better. Ethan maintained his ownership of Daddy all day long until bed time when I was able to spend a little more time with my 15 month old Elliot who was also super happy I was home. My wife took care of me and made sure I was comfortable and relaxed because at this point I was totally spent.

tucked in the garage in West Virginia

Ethan wants to pose with the new car!

Only bad thing about the trip was that we discovered that the passenger side wheel has a slight bed and with the tires having flat spots made the wheel wobble at 70 plus. This will be fixed and it was something that Justin and I missed when we looked at the car. Other than that this car is IMMACULATE and the attention to the small details incredible. The car is brings back memories of my old E90 M3 but better! I love the DCT and the updates that the car received after 09. It ran super smooth and gained a lot of attention although the car is just slightly over OEM plus...you only know the differences if you know the car. I also think once I got close to home that the OK plate made people go "wow"

Bent wheel

Last picture is of the car being dropped off at BMW for MD inspection and service so I can register the car. I can't say how awesome it was to meet Justin and purchase his wonderful E90 M3 that will be in the Correa family for a long time. I will continue keeping the car clean and in pristine condition plus add a little more to his already wonderful masterpiece.

Leaving BMW this morning...The "Saint" in the background

The following is either in hand or on order:

Motorsport e-brake handle
Rennline Aluminum pedals with red extension piece
Autohaus aluminum extended paddles with + and - in red
Challenge rear diffuser in 1x1 CF - (Thanks to @tee.tran for getting it back to me!)
ModeCarbon V2 GTS lip in 1x1 CF
ModeCarbon rear lip in 1x1 with CRT white detail
(thanks Sam@ModeCarbon
BBS lugs
BBS nuts in red
US Mill Works front plate holder
Bimmian plate surround in white

I will probably have the clear wrap redone for the whole front (old has some peel back and only covers part of hood, etc and seems aren't wrapped all the way around) and get the car totally detailed to where Justin had it.

** UPDATE**

I have been working for the last few days to get the car through maryland inspection which, in my opinion, is one of the worst programs ever as I think it is totally subjective but because MD is so strict you can get fined 25K and lose your inspection license.

First, Annapolis BMW...LOVE this place but I have to say that the tech and manager who did my inspection where totally off and to me not technically sound to perform an inspection. I failed for tint (MD 35% is legal - I have 40% installed and there is no factory tint to the windows) and also failed for not having cats installed! I sent them the Akra EVO brochure and even then the manager said "how do I really know those blobs are cats"? I was totally flabbergasted to say the least and pretty pissed off. I left, even after he showed me the tint failure, even though I don't think it was calibrated. They are still after me to pay even though I told the Manager of Service I would not pay because of his incompetence. More to follow on that. BTW, this is in no way to bash the dealership itself as I have a bunch of good friends in different departments that make that dealership pretty kick ass.

I took my car today to my old shop and they passed everything. duh. The only glitch was that the car was lower than standards which I can agree with so it had to be brought up and once I get my MD plates they will lower the car back down to its original setting for me. Why can't it be that easy??? They even called the State police and another State Inspector to ensure that the tint and exhaust were passable. done.

I plan on getting taxes and plates done tomorrow or Friday and early next week lower the car back down. Sam@ModeCarbon has let me know that the parts I ordered are pending shipment early next week! I hope to have some little updates and good pictures of the car soon.

** UPDATE**

CAR passed inspections, State cop never called back and the car just finished passing emissions! WOO HOO!!! Totally legal and good to go!

I'll set the next "reserved" section for build updates and pictures.

Enjoy!

Last edited by BMWDEMON; 04-29-2015 at 12:19 PM.. Reason: trip details
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 07:49 AM   #3
BMWDEMON
Super modder
United_States
Rep

The new mods...

Let the mods begin...

I don't have anything huge going on as I feel this car is set up perfectly from the start...meaning from Justin!

I changed the e-brake handle which I think makes a nice difference in the cabin #IND Jesal@IND

I went through MD inspection which was painful but I passed. Sunday I lowered the front end back down and gave her a well deserved medium level wash. I nice detail and refresh with the CQuartz is next!

Next up: Get one BBS LM-R straightened

Next up: pedal set and paddle set, BBS lugs and nuts

Next up: Mode Carbon GTS V2 lip and rear deck spoiler with CRT stripe

Mode Carbon GTS V1 lip arrived nice and safe and looks great against the CF roof. Rear deck spoiler is in production so waiting on arrival!

I also started applying CQuartz reload since the car had the original applied a few years ago...what a SHEEEEEEEEEN!

Last edited by BMWDEMON; 03-30-2015 at 07:29 AM.. Reason: update on the car
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 08:30 AM   #4
rawdenim
Glorious Leader
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Wow, congratulations. This is one of the cleanest E90s I've seen. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 09:22 AM   #5
rAdzM
Smashed!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
2006 BMW M5  [9.00]
congrats!

BBS | BREMBO | RECARO | ig: @euro_rad
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 01:04 PM   #6
rd13
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

congrats! can't wait to see more pics of the car. sooo clean!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 02:17 PM   #7
davesaddiction
is fast cars
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II

Congrats! I'm very glad to see that Justin's car has found a good home with you.

Spend some time on the roads of NW Arkansas if you have the time. Talimena Drive is also great.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 02:18 PM   #8
marksae
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M

Congrats! Pictures of your E90 helped inspire me to get my AW E90!

IG: @gearheadtwins
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 02:46 PM   #9
Jet in Oz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 535D

Baller M3 but ... Maaaaaaate!! ... those shots are sensational. Off topic but if you're inclined to tell us more about them - location, camera, lens, f stop
E36 328 Convertible - Montreal Blue
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 03:03 PM   #10
Jzambrano7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: SG/FR E90M3

Congrats! I look forward to seeing you journal the trip to pick her up. Best wishes to you and your family I'm sure they'll love it.

One thing though, definitely do not get rid of the e46. I had an e46 325xi and I completely regret selling it the E46 is such a timeless platform.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 04:19 PM   #11
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Great car Justin! BTW, I can't find that BMW commercial video on Youtube anymore. Where can I see it?
      03-12-2015, 04:45 PM   #12
jjcools
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 - 335i 6MT

Amazing!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 05:57 PM   #13
blast1st
Test
Philippines
Rep
Drives: MDX as my daily @blast_1st

Nicely done sir! So fresh so clean.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 04:40 AM   #14
BMWDEMON
Super modder
United_States
Rep

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I'll try to find out some of the answers to Justin when I see him in a few hours!

Sitting at the gate waiting on my flight. Waking up at 0430 was a little painful!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 06:00 AM   #15
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

All of your mod work is already done! Congratulations, that's an awesome E90.

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 07:39 AM   #16
BMWDEMON
Super modder
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdenim View Post
Wow, congratulations. This is one of the cleanest E90s I've seen. Enjoy!
Thank you! It is super clean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rAdzM View Post
congrats!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd13 View Post
congrats! can't wait to see more pics of the car. sooo clean!
pictures coming soon from trip and then some "glamor" shots within a few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam@ModeCarbon View Post
<3
You know it! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesaddiction View Post
Congrats! I'm very glad to see that Justin's car has found a good home with you.

Spend some time on the roads of NW Arkansas if you have the time. Talimena Drive is also great.
I missed Talimena because of time schedule but I did spend time on the Arkansas roads. I couldn't really enjoy them because of the weather though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksae View Post
Congrats! Pictures of your E90 helped inspire me to get my AW E90!
Justin's taste is super good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet in Oz View Post
Baller M3 but ... Maaaaaaate!! ... those shots are sensational. Off topic but if you're inclined to tell us more about them - location, camera, lens, f stop
Check out the link: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=574671

I don't know if he goes into details on the settings though....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzambrano7 View Post
Congrats! I look forward to seeing you journal the trip to pick her up. Best wishes to you and your family I'm sure they'll love it.

One thing though, definitely do not get rid of the e46. I had an e46 325xi and I completely regret selling it the E46 is such a timeless platform.
I am trying really hard not to....wife is kinda pressuring me but I think once the car goes to the external garage she will forget about her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Great car Justin! BTW, I can't find that BMW commercial video on Youtube anymore. Where can I see it?
I forgot to ask Justin about the video you are talking about...hit him up PM at JustinOKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcools View Post
Amazing!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blast1st View Post
Nicely done sir! So fresh so clean.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
All of your mod work is already done! Congratulations, that's an awesome E90.
Almost done...I'll write up about it later but all the major stuff is complete...not always the best way to do things but with Justin it is done right and is clean.

More to follow soon when I can upload pics and write up about my travels. Stay tuned as in the next month or so will update the look a little...

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 09:31 AM   #17
Loadedl77
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: speedhunter

Such a clean car. Congrats on the purchase
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 09:42 AM   #18
marksae
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M

nice writeup!

IG: @gearheadtwins
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 12:07 PM   #19
PerfM5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Space, E92 M3 Techno

Congrats!
      03-16-2015, 01:04 PM   #20
ArthurL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 6MT (E93)

Super clean! Looking forward to your progress!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 01:14 PM   #21
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

ooh, sorry for the confusion, I didn't read it correctly the first time. You purchased Justin's car. Congrats! DAT CF Roof!
      03-16-2015, 01:25 PM   #22
phrozen06
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328it, RIP M3, E46 Sold

Mike.......tha't a heluva E90