Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

12-06-2014, 06:44 AM   #1
Lojs
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 f82

Square BBS RI-D 19x10 ET25 for track???

Hi all,
I've been hanging around bimmerpost for quite a while now, but this happens to be my very first post.

Had my first track event at Hockenheim last month. The M4 is such a great track car in stock form! It was a blast! However, I decided to invest into a set of dedicated track wheels/tires.

I have a chance to get my hands on a set of used BBS RI-Ds. (not the deal of the century, but I hope I can still negotiate down) They are a square setup in size 19x10 with a 25 offset presumably coming off an e92 GTS.

While I am confident there should be no problem with brake clearance (I have steels), I am wondering if they would otherwise clear the fenders/suspension. My gut feeling tells me yes, but just wondering if anyone tried similar sizes on their f8x?

Also the previous owner has a a relatively new staggered set of Pirelli TrofeoR P Zeros mounted in sizes 265/35 and 295/90 which he wants to sell together. I am wondering if those are generally a good fit? Why would someone buy square wheels and put staggered tires? Isn't 295 a little too meaty for a 10 inch wheel? I mean its fine for the street, but I heard the f8x was designed with some tire stretch in mind for stability.

I was thinking of going with a square tire setup either in stock rear size, or 285 if I find a good deal for such a tire here in Europe (R888? or Cup2?)

Would very much appreciate your thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 07:16 AM   #2
saxonb
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M Carbonschwarz

RI-D 19x10 + Michelin PSC2 285/35 will be fine on the rear.

Will they be fine on the front?

Maybe call these guys and ask them:

http://www.gtspirit.com/2014/09/23/o...y-lightweight/

Drives: 2010 E70 X5M Carbonschwarz
Loved and lost: 07 E92 M3 Silverstone II / 96 E36 M3 Evo Estoril Blue / 07 E84 Z4 M Coupe Interlagos Blue
Appreciate 0