ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

11-10-2014, 01:32 PM   #1
F80silverstone
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Not sure if this is common knowledge, but I was going to save $300.00 on my winter wheels and not get the TPMS. The light wouldn't bother me that much. According to Tire Rack if the TPMS light is on you cannot disable traction control. No donuts in the snow??? I bought the TPMS.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 02:45 PM   #2
BlackCobra08
King Cobra
Rep
Drives: incoming GTS 4.0

Not true, I bought my winter wheel setup without the TPMS and just yesterday turned of the DSC and was whippin' shitties in the parking lot after a fresh dusting of snow. The only annoying thing is the iDrive warning that pops up when starting up. Too lazy to code it out though
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 05:59 PM   #3
Insureit1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 SBM

BlackCobra08, quick question about the TPMS light. does the light show all the time or only at startup? I am debating the TPMS issue right now. I don't mind the start up issue but I don't want to be looking at a light all the time. Thanks for any input.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 09:23 PM   #4
F80silverstone
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCobra08 View Post
Not true, I bought my winter wheel setup without the TPMS and just yesterday turned of the DSC and was whippin' shitties in the parking lot after a fresh dusting of snow. The only annoying thing is the iDrive warning that pops up when starting up. Too lazy to code it out though
Hmmm. Tirerack seemed confident on it, oh well. Light would have bugged me too, better off. If it really bugs you code it, but then it won't read your summer pressure. Tape?

I haven't had my car for over a month with an estimated 2 to go because of a failed mechotronic unit. Had the car for less than a week. WTF? I have a boring 535. I feel so sensible in it. It gives me something to look forward to again. I am doing donuts around the service lot when I pick it up.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2014, 02:45 PM   #5
wolfbane1967
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insureit1 View Post
BlackCobra08, quick question about the TPMS light. does the light show all the time or only at startup? I am debating the TPMS issue right now. I don't mind the start up issue but I don't want to be looking at a light all the time. Thanks for any input.
I wonder the same, Will light go of after some time driving?