Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

11-03-2014, 07:06 PM   #1
Bonovox
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

nokian G3's

Anyone tried these tires?

I'm down to availability of Nokian G3 in 255/35/19 or Blizzak LM-32 or Dunlap 3D.

Called the local shop (direct tire -- they've been doing tires for a lot the high end cars in the Boston area for 20 years) and they recommended the Nokian G3 over the LM 32. They say the LM 32 are great tires, but after 1 season they'll perform like all season tires. They also have 3D's, but I've heard mixed reviews.

They can't get the Michelin PA4's. I had PA2's on my M5 a couple years ago and I though they were great tires.

FYI, for me its about handling in cold dry and wet conditions, especially when it gets slushy. Won't really be driving the car in snowy conditions, eg to go up skiing.