BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-18-2008, 12:01 PM   #67
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
No worries Epacy, someone at the dealership probably put a few champagne glasses full of nails and sandpaper on the hood of your car and the roof while they conducted the PDI during the earthquake. It will all buff out.
Wow talk about cruel (and humorous). What an image of absurdity. Leave E alone, he's got plenty to worry about.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 12:41 PM   #68
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Well, here's the scoop.

I have been trying to call the Finance Manager all morning and he never picks up. Finally, I talk to some receptionist and she finds out the car came in last night.
So, the lady gets ahold of the FM on his cell, I presume, and he is out to a "business meeting", which probably means lunch. So he goes to lunch without ever calling me back and telling me the car is in.
He says the car won't be ready today and will be by 10:30 tomorrow morning and that he will definately call me when he gets back to confirm that time.
The service guys are there from 7:30am-6:00pm today and the car came in last night and they are telling me the car won't be ready until the next day? The service guys won't be there tomorrow, so what is going to be done tomorrow morning? The sales manager told me if they get the cars in by noon they can usually get them out the same day. My car certainly fit that bill by coming in last night...
Not pleased at all. I can't even get a f'ing call back from the dealer who I am buying a $70k car from. What exactly is the problem??

The receptionist was quite helpful though.
      04-18-2008, 12:46 PM   #69
zieglerc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Well, here's the scoop.

I have been trying to call the Finance Manager all morning and he never picks up. Finally, I talk to some receptionist and she finds out the car came in last night.
So, the lady gets ahold of the FM on his cell, I presume, and he is out to a "business meeting", which probably means lunch. So he goes to lunch without ever calling me back and telling me the car is in.
He says the car won't be ready today and will be by 10:30 tomorrow morning and that he will definately call me when he gets back to confirm that time.
The service guys are there from 7:30am-6:00pm today and the car came in last night and they are telling me the car won't be ready until the next day? The service guys won't be there tomorrow, so what is going to be done tomorrow morning? The sales manager told me if they get the cars in by noon they can usually get them out the same day. My car certainly fit that bill by coming in last night...
Not pleased at all. I can't even get a f'ing call back from the dealer who I am buying a $70k car from. What exactly is the problem??

Fridays and Saturdays are typically the heaviest delivery days for vehicles, and in my experience they'll do anything to jerk you around and put you off on those days. I'd raise those exact questions and concerns with anyone that would listen.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 01:04 PM   #70
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Well, here's the scoop.
What exactly is the problem??
dude, they need at least a day so that everyone in the maintenance and sales department can get a joy ride in your car.

i'm sorry, that was wrong.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 01:08 PM   #71
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
Quote:
Well, here's the scoop.

i hear you exactly. my CA was like that and she told me it'll be ready 2 days after the car was actually ready. i think she did it to shut me up. BUT i kept on nagging and told her i want it before noon today. sure enough she told the mechanics my car was top priority and got it out for me.

ur car isnt the only car that arrived last night, but you should make enough noise to make it top priority IMO. tell them i want it today before 3 PM or something (unless it's already 3 PM ur time )

good luck. in any case man, the day is almost over, ur car is right there. be patient once u see the car u'll forget u even waited
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 01:23 PM   #72
reinaldo335
First Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: m3 ZCP 6MT, on order 09 m3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglerc View Post
Fridays and Saturdays are typically the heaviest delivery days for vehicles, and in my experience they'll do anything to jerk you around and put you off on those days. I'd raise those exact questions and concerns with anyone that would listen.
get into the dealer, and don't leave until you get your car.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 01:26 PM   #73
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinaldo335 View Post
get into the dealer, and don't leave until you get your car.
+1

Move your *** and take a seat in the dealer's "lounge" saying: 'I'm waiting for my car.' Oh, and don't forget your notebook to keep us updated in real-time.

Best regards, south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 02:06 PM   #74
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

he's probably there right now and that is why he hasn't posted...
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 02:32 PM   #75
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich

Quote:

Black Magic
Quote:
Woke up just in time to feel the 5.4 earthquake we had here this morning. A strange beggining to the day. It is very rare to have one here and the last one I remember feeling was a 3.x about 7 years ago.
Hopefully, the rest of the day is without incident....
Hmm
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 05:06 PM   #76
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Update.

I have been trying to get a hold of the FM for over 6 hours now. I have been calling all day and leaving voice mails. He went to lunch without calling me back then after the receptionist called him on his cell for me, he told her that the car wouldn’t be ready today and could be delivered at 10:30 tomorrow morning and that he would call me back as soon as he got back to the dealer. The guy obviously had this information already and neglected to pass it on to me. It wasn’t until the receptionist calls him on his cell at lunch that he gives this vital information up. So f’ed!! So I left work, had some lunch, came home and he still hadn't called 3 hours later.

So I call the dealer again and tell the receptionist I still haven’t received a call from him for the past three hours. She gets the general sales manager on the phone, whom I called five minutes prior and got his voice mail as well, and he is aware of my M3 being there because my CA, the sales manager who is in SC, has been checking with him to see if it would be ready. I tell him I have been trying to get a hold of this guy for 6 hours and he won’t call me back. He is fairly apologetic and says all the right things. He informs me the car just got finished being PDI’d and was going to get cleaned up/polished. He informs me he can get the car delivered today or tomorrow, just to let him know what I want to do. He said he could go to the back and get my car bumped ahead of other cars to get it out today. That tells me that my M3 was racked and stacked with every other regular car coming off the truck, sold and unsold cars that were going to sit on the lot. No priority was given to the car at all and they knew I wanted to pick it up that day. Not to mention that my CA told me if they get the cars in by noon, they can get them out the same day. That means they give customer sold cars priority to get them out the door faster. That never happened with my car.

I was told my CA would in fact be there tomorrow to deliver the car, it has been raining here all day, and it would be around 8pm before I could even pick the car up, I choose to pick the M3 up tomorrow morning. That enables me to have a nice chat with my CA about how this thing went down.

Why do I have to beat the phone lines and call all of these ancillary people just to find out what the hell is going on? Shouldn’t they be the ones calling me making sure everything is good to go?

So, it took until just before 4pm to find out some hard information on where my car stood. Completely unacceptable!
I know the PDI and cleaning process take their own time and that’s fine. What’s not fine is getting totally blown off by the guy who was supposed to interface with me in my CA’s absence. I still haven’t heard anything from him going on 7+ hours, not sure I will.

And to a slightly lesser extent, my M3 not being stacked ahead/given priority over all the other regular cars from the truck. Thusly, not enabling me to take delivery today after the car got there last night and them having ALL day to get it ready.

This was supposed to be a fun and exciting process and it has been turned into this unbelievably draining and frustrating ordeal. I am no longer giddy or happy about picking my car up. I am just fire-pissed about how this whole day has gone down.

This entire ordering and delivery process has been a complete nightmare. Some of you might remember my allocation trouble with it getting pulled from Newbold by BMWUSA and then switching to another dealer where they were to swap one of their orders but that fell through to this completely unacceptable delivery mess which has strained all fun out of this purchase.

I held out a glimmer of hope that perhaps the end of this whole process would finally shine some light down on me but it was just more of the same. It was every bit as utterly frustrating and unpleasant as getting the order placed.
It’s just been the same old routine; I can’t get anyone to take my $70k…

Let me repeat this one last time; I am not even close to being excited or happy to take delivery of this vehicle anymore.
      04-18-2008, 05:14 PM   #77
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
Ep, i dont know if u read my thread about deliver the day i got the car. i was as furious as you are now if not more. the last day or so are hard for everyone.

hang in there man, they may suck but you might be a bit overracting coz the wait sucked for the past few months and especially last like 24 hours. just hang in there man. go out do something, next thing you know u'll be picking it up.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 05:19 PM   #78
WCH
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M8C convertible

Garage List
This is a huge bummer and you have every right to feel as you do. Hopefully your CA will make things right tomorrow. A similar scenario happened to me when I was supposed to pick up my X5. The CA and Sales Manager apologized (as in your case) and went above and beyond what I would have expected to make it right.

Even if they step and do this, I'm sure it won't make you feel better about the whole experience today. However, hopefully once you receive your car, you'll quickly begin to forget and enjoy the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 05:33 PM   #79
zieglerc
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
However, hopefully once you receive your car, you'll quickly begin to forget and enjoy the car.
+1

Speaking from personal experience, I can guarantee you that your troubles will melt away as you pull away from the dealership - and within a week, they'll be gone completely. Hang in there!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 05:40 PM   #80
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Sorry E. I think I understand how you are feeling (if you remember my ordeal with the doc fee and all that crap). These guys simply don't know a thing about "designing and delivering an experience". They are acting like they are selling Corollas. I know there are some awesome sales people are there, but I just don't seem to run into them often in car dealerships. The whole thing should be geared toward you and your excitement. That should be the focus of the experience. Not stress.

Anyway, you will feel excited again. Better not to discuss any of this with the people at the dealership during your pick up and solely focus on your car. You can give them poor ratings when BMW calls you to survey. They will call within 3 days or so.

Finally, where are the fucking pics man!!!
      04-18-2008, 05:41 PM   #81
zieglerc
Private First Class
Rep

Also, you're artfully dodging my statement about a Chicago meetup...
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 06:50 PM   #82
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

damn Ep, sorry for your troubles, like others have said soon you'll have her in your hands and everything will be well...soon!! looking forward to seeing pics...GO IB!!!

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 08:19 PM   #83
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep

E,

Don't let them off the hook. Totally unacceptable. Tell them you want a couple of hundred or so off for your troubles. Remind them about their haloed customer satisfaction surveys.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 08:23 PM   #84
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
E,

Don't let them off the hook. Totally unacceptable. Tell them you want a couple of hundred or so off for your troubles. Remind them about their haloed customer satisfaction surveys.
Yes, I am thinking about waiting and seeing what, if anything, they include to offset today's festivities before I start to lay into them.
      04-18-2008, 08:29 PM   #85
Bama M3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 Z4 28i

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Make sure the dealership knows what you think, then enjoy the heck out of your new M3. Tomorrow will be a great day for you.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 08:35 PM   #86
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I am thinking about waiting and seeing what, if anything, they include to offset today's festivities before I start to lay into them.
E,

This sort of thing is right up your alley. I am confident you will have them eating out of the palm of your hand and showering you with cash and gifts. In the end you will be pleased with your work and satisfied with their unfortunate misfortune.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 08:50 PM   #87
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
E,

This sort of thing is right up your alley. I am confident you will have them eating out of the palm of your hand and showering you with cash and gifts. In the end you will be pleased with your work and satisfied with their unfortunate misfortune.
I'm not quite sure how to take that...
      04-18-2008, 09:29 PM   #88
Davo2003
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded

May

Well, here's something that might make you feel better. My car rolled off the ship in Jersey on the 12th...BMWNA told me today I would not take delivery until first week of May at the earliest most likely