BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

12-06-2007, 04:40 PM   #1
drvai
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Dealer not receiving orders (US)

Hi to everyone.

Went to a dealer in Miami to try and order or pre-order the M3. The salesmen said that they are still not receiving orders, but asked me for my info so he can contact me when they started the thing.

I hate dealerships and I never believe anything they say, but just for the sake of the post, he said that the first M3's were going to arrive not before May-June and probaly with a premium. He suggested that I should buy a 335 and gave me all the BS of the 10k premium for the M3 and so and so.

Probably this guys prefer to just sell a car now?I told him that I wasn't going to buy a new car until next year, so I would wait anyway. Them he came back to the M3 saying that he would contact me and more BS.

Opinions?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 04:40 PM   #2
Smoltz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 04 Challenge Stradale + 02 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvai View Post
Hi to everyone.

Went to a dealer in Miami to try and order or pre-order the M3. The salesmen said that they are still not receiving orders, but asked me for my info so he can contact me when they started the thing.

I hate dealerships and I never believe anything they say, but just for the sake of the post, he said that the first M3's were going to arrive not before May-June and probaly with a premium. He suggested that I should buy a 335 and gave me all the BS of the 10k premium for the M3 and so and so.

Probably this guys prefer to just sell a car now?I told him that I wasn't going to buy a new car until next year, so I would wait anyway. Them he came back to the M3 saying that he would contact me and more BS.

Opinions?

Find another dealer.

-Adam
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 04:46 PM   #3
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
Yes find another dealer, this dude is really trying to get into your wallet.
      12-06-2007, 05:11 PM   #4
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Dealers really dont know what they are talking about or doing.

I dont even trust the dealers that are taking "so called" orders. IMO the orders that are being taken are based on pre-release brochures that have recently been gracing the net.

March is still the best estimate IMO and most supported estimate I have heard for customer allocations.
      12-06-2007, 05:35 PM   #5
BMW3R
Bimmer User
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 Mazda3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
Dealers really dont know what they are talking about or doing.

I dont even trust the dealers that are taking "so called" orders. IMO the orders that are being taken are based on pre-release brochures that have recently been gracing the net.

March is still the best estimate IMO and most supported estimate I have heard for customer allocations.

+1

The dealer that I am working with e-mails me announcments. I e-mail him things that I see on the Internet. Overall, I would say that both of us are equally in the DARK!

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 06:02 PM   #6
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Hi to everyone.

Opinions?
He is indeed trying to sell you a car right now. He's wrong on both accounts. Cars will show up here much sooner than June (there are members on this forum with production numbers that can be tracked on the BMW website), and you don't have to pay any mark-up as there are plenty of dealerships around the country who are willing to give you, upon placing a $1000 refundable deposit, a written note stating that they will sell you the car at MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 07:15 PM   #7
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Hi to everyone.

Opinions?
Other than never buying a first model year of any car, trying to pre-order a car that its price is not even announced are my two biggest no-no's...

For me, pre-ordering a car that the price is not even announced is exactly like telling a salesperson to fill all the blanks in my purchase contract with the numbers that he/she wants. Maybe you are going to find a great dealer that not only will gladly take your order, but will sell you strictly by sticker if you keep looking (both Ft. Lauderdale dealers are much better than any in Miami in my experience), but it seems to me that only those dealers/salesperson that you have bought from them before -and it was a nice experience for both- will treat you right under these conditions.

I don't know what else to tell you; you want to be one of the first owners of the M3 among a bunch just like you, so some dealers are going to have a field day with you. If the same thing happened with the PT Cruiser, for God's sake, I would not expect anything different for the M3 now.

It is simple, like it or not.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 08:30 PM   #8
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD

Quote:
May-June and probaly with a premium. He suggested that I should buy a 335 and gave me all the BS of the 10k premium for the M3 and so and so.
and more BS.

Opinions?
Common theme = B/S merchant. Move on mate, don't waste your time - bmw should not have a dealer like this

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 08:49 PM   #9
drvai
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Other than never buying a first model year of any car, trying to pre-order a car that its price is not even announced are my two biggest no-no's...

For me, pre-ordering a car that the price is not even announced is exactly like telling a salesperson to fill all the blanks in my purchase contract with the numbers that he/she wants. Maybe you are going to find a great dealer that not only will gladly take your order, but will sell you strictly by sticker if you keep looking (both Ft. Lauderdale dealers are much better than any in Miami in my experience), but it seems to me that only those dealers/salesperson that you have bought from them before -and it was a nice experience for both- will treat you right under these conditions.

I don't know what else to tell you; you want to be one of the first owners of the M3 among a bunch just like you, so some dealers are going to have a field day with you. If the same thing happened with the PT Cruiser, for God's sake, I would not expect anything different for the M3 now.

It is simple, like it or not.
I see what you are saying. To tell you the truth, I want the car for June. The thing is that I need to buy a new car around that date (I guess that could rent one for one or 2 months), but I wanted to be able to reserve the car for sure, specially since sometimes waiting lists can go for 2 years.

Would you say that's better to just wait and see what happens?(I mean.. it's just a car...)
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 09:56 PM   #10
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
I see what you are saying. To tell you the truth, I want the car for June. The thing is that I need to buy a new car around that date (I guess that could rent one for one or 2 months), but I wanted to be able to reserve the car for sure, specially since sometimes waiting lists can go for 2 years.

Would you say that's better to just wait and see what happens?(I mean.. it's just a car...)
My grandfather used to say, if your problem is money, there's no problem. Most of the time he was drunk, though...

You could pre-order your M3 as of right now, as several members of this forum have done. But you need three things, money, the right dealer, and time. The first should not be an issue, after all you want to order a car without knowing the final price. The second is no issue at all, just get out of the Miami area and visit the Ft. Lauderdale two main dealers (I got a salesperson in one of them that can square you away, as this person told me that they could pre-order. PM for details, if you like).

The third is the only one that it could not be exactly what you want: time. And that is because you don't know how many people are in waiting lists, how many cars are coming initially, how many pre-order are already made, and even the type of transmission that you want could delay your delivery also. But then again, the right dealer can clear most of that for you.

About waiting lists for 2 years, remember: this time it will be 3 M3 models, and BMW want to sell as many as they can, more than the 2 model E46 M3; for a 6 model year run that could be as high as 8,500 M3 a year. So if the insanity last 6 months it will be a lot, IMO...

There's no problem, indeed... keep looking.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 12:09 AM   #11
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
My grandfather used to say, if your problem is money, there's no problem. Most of the time he was drunk, though...
LOL nice sounds like my grandpa too...always drinking wiskey or scotch...
      12-07-2007, 12:18 AM   #12
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
The orders that dealers are taking are being put into the BMW system that already has the options registered in the system, just like any other BMW they'd spec, so it's not some dealer giving us fake orders.

To the OP, my car will be here in late February. I already have my production # and have all my options selected.

https://oc.bmwusa.com/publications/o...&relID=1946991
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 06:34 PM   #13
timsev
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellere View Post
The orders that dealers are taking are being put into the BMW system that already has the options registered in the system, just like any other BMW they'd spec, so it's not some dealer giving us fake orders.

To the OP, my car will be here in late February. I already have my production # and have all my options selected.

https://oc.bmwusa.com/publications/o...&relID=1946991
I will take care of your baby when it gets here.
Appreciate 0