E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Trade up now or wait till September?

12-05-2007, 02:39 PM   #1
colin99
Rep
Drives: E90 Saphire Black

Trade up now or wait till September?

I'm driving a 320d Saphire Black which I'm bored senseless with. Would like to trade up to MSport but not sure whether to do it now or hold out until the 3 series is restyled in September 08.

I love the look of the Coupe (from the front anyway) but have two small kids so that's not an option. I've read that the restyled saloon will have the Coupe front end which sounds good.

What do people think - wait or bite the bullet and change now?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2007, 03:55 PM   #2
KillDork
First Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: E90 MY '06 320D

I would wait, in fact, I _am_ waiting for the refresh. hope it get's the coupe front, though I'm not sure this will happen. We have no real proof of this. The spyshots have (yet) to confirm this.
Aluminium trim|black Dakota leather|Xenon|Comfort Access|Sports seats|Steptronic|iDrive Professional|Bluetooth|Voice|PDC front & rear|sun shade rear window & sides|auto dim outside & inside mirrors|Comfort|Dynamic|Advantage
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2007, 04:38 PM   #3
Mike UK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Le mans Blau e92

*cough*

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98648
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2007, 04:42 PM   #4
Gibbo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Golf Ed35

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin99 View Post
I'm driving a 320d Saphire Black which I'm bored senseless with. Would like to trade up to MSport but not sure whether to do it now or hold out until the 3 series is restyled in September 08.

I love the look of the Coupe (from the front anyway) but have two small kids so that's not an option. I've read that the restyled saloon will have the Coupe front end which sounds good.

Colin

If you are bored senseless with your 3 series I don't think trading it for another is going to float your boat. You need to work out what you really want as the M Sport is really no different.

Would a 130i be more exciting with 5 doors or could you get a 1 coupe and lean over with the kids. Don't want you to make a expensive mistake.
      12-05-2007, 06:00 PM   #5
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Like Gibbo said changing a 320d SE to a 320d M Sport is unlikely to solve the problem. I've had my 520D SE for 2 years this weekend and had the same problem, I became bored of it very quickly and was very glad I only got it on a 2 year lease. I got the 335D before the lease had even run out as I wanted a change.
      12-06-2007, 02:17 AM   #6
scotw
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 320D SG

Garage List
2007 E90 320D  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
Like Gibbo said changing a 320d SE to a 320d M Sport is unlikely to solve the problem. I've had my 520D SE for 2 years this weekend and had the same problem, I became bored of it very quickly and was very glad I only got it on a 2 year lease. I got the 335D before the lease had even run out as I wanted a change.
Agreed, I think you need to find out why you are bored and pick a car that you should enjoy. I have a DSG GTi at the moment, I thought I'd love good performance and a fancy flappy paddle gearbox, but at two years I'm getting rid of it as it gets on my nerves.

I think a new "face" novelty will wear off pretty quick, so you should look for something else, maybe more performance, more luxury, maybe a 1 or a 5 (just don't buy an X3/5 please).

Of course, what you could do is go get it chipped up to 200bhp to see if that livens things up a bit!

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 02:48 AM   #7
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin99 View Post

Anyone bored senseless with a 320d should spend a week driving a ford fiesta.

When you get back in your BMW you'll suddenly appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 02:51 AM   #8
scotw
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 320D SG

Garage List
2007 E90 320D  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
Anyone bored senseless with a 320d should spend a week driving a ford fiesta.

When you get back in your BMW you'll suddenly appreciate it.
My wife has one of those, I'll swap for a week anytime I get bored
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 03:28 AM   #9
colin99
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Colin

If you are bored senseless with your 3 series I don't think trading it for another is going to float your boat. You need to work out what you really want as the M Sport is really no different.

Would a 130i be more exciting with 5 doors or could you get a 1 coupe and lean over with the kids. Don't want you to make a expensive mistake.
Damn. I was afraid that might happen. May have to test drive the 3 serious coupe - not sure I'm selfish enough to buy one, though.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 03:31 AM   #10
colin99
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotw View Post
Agreed, I think you need to find out why you are bored and pick a car that you should enjoy. I have a DSG GTi at the moment, I thought I'd love good performance and a fancy flappy paddle gearbox, but at two years I'm getting rid of it as it gets on my nerves.

I think a new "face" novelty will wear off pretty quick, so you should look for something else, maybe more performance, more luxury, maybe a 1 or a 5 (just don't buy an X3/5 please).

Of course, what you could do is go get it chipped up to 200bhp to see if that livens things up a bit!

Good luck!
Had the Mark 6 GTi and got rid of it after 6 months (I'm not normally like this: just feel I've made some bad car decisions recently).

I think the main reason I'm bored with the 3 is the syling which is why I thought the MSport would help.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 03:41 AM   #11
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
colin99 Quote:
Damn. I was afraid that might happen. May have to test drive the 3 serious coupe - not sure I'm selfish enough to buy one, though.
The E92 coupe is not the easiest of cars if you have passengers in the rear on a regular basis.
The fact that the seat does not go up fully (like the E46) is a bit of a pain,not to much of a problem for me as I rarely carry passengers.
Colin,it depends on the age of your children,if there quite young,you should not have to many problems.

You could of course consider carrying out the following mods,those Yanks are the craziest,but the results are quite amazing,well worth watching all the vids and seeing the end result;

E90 into a E92!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ighlight=e90.2
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 03:51 AM   #12
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
The E92 coupe is not the easiest of cars if you have passengers in the rear on a regular basis.
The fact that the seat does not go up fully (like the E46) is a bit of a pain,not to much of a problem for me as I rarely carry passengers.
Colin,it depends on the age of your children,if there quite young,you should not have to many problems.

You could of course consider carrying out the following mods,those Yanks are the craziest,but the results are quite amazing,well worth watching all the vids and seeing the end result;

E90 into a E92!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ighlight=e90.2

WHY ?????????
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 10:54 AM   #13
colin99
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillDork View Post
I would wait, in fact, I _am_ waiting for the refresh. hope it get's the coupe front, though I'm not sure this will happen. We have no real proof of this. The spyshots have (yet) to confirm this.
KillDork, would you go for SG next time? This was my second favourite colour when I ordered my car but I didn't like the purple look (in some lights) and the way it looked worse than black when dirty (if that's possible).
Appreciate 0