F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > Don't go to Murray BMW of Denver!!!
Studio RSR

05-29-2014, 09:37 PM   #1
J3
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 zcp smb

Garage List
2011 335i xdrive  [10.00]
Don't go to Murray BMW of Denver!!!

This is an email I wrote to the GM and have yet to hear a response. **BTW The sales manager Chris Neira is a complete jerk. He tried to sneak in the extended maintenance plan and so I spent 45 minutes going back and forth because the numbers kept being off. He self-admittedly said he was doing so because the dealership makes $600 profit off the plan and that he knew I would come back in a few years to trade-in the car so he wanted to re-sell the car with the plan. Afterwards, he tried to high pressure close me on EVERYTHING. I told him to back off because I was getting pissed so he apologized. Chris explained he was doing so because he had a $100 bet with a co-worker on how fast he could sell the car. This guy is the epitome of a dirty used car salesman. At this point I am warning others to not purchase or have a vehicle serviced at Murray!!!

Date: Thu, May 22, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Subject: Sales Service Issue from a recent purchase
To: rax.patel@murraymotors.c…

Rax,

I'd like to share the poor experience I've had thus far since purchasing a vehicle from Murray BMW. When I went to pickup the car and sign paperwork, the car was not ready. There was still spots of compound on the car from the detail job so I had to wait until it was finished. Then when I signed paperwork with the finance department, the lady forgot to have me sign the $500 rebate form. Since I had already left, she had to email me the form and then I had to fax it back to her. Another issue is when I went to put the floormats in my car- there were only three of them! I had to come back to the dealership to get a complete set. The final straw was when I went to the DMV last week (5/16) to purchase license plates. I waited two hours only for the woman working there to tell me I need to get an emissions testing. No one from your team cared to explain that this needed to be done! This should have already been done before I took ownership of the vehicle! What happens if the vehicle doesn't pass emissions? I contacted your sales team right after this happened, and nobody has cared to respond with a resolution hence why I am writing you.

I have completely lost my patience thus far with Murray BMW. I especially feel this when I receive mailings and emails from Murray to purchase an extended warranty plan. I am customer of Bodyworks and had $8,000 in repairs from two accidents. Then I purchase a vehicle from Murray and this is the way I'm treated and the type of service I get? It was already bad enough when I felt like I didn't get a fair trade-in. I thought it would be ok because the service would make up for it. I couldn't have been more wrong. Please help me feel differently. I feel as though my business is unappreciated.

Sincerely,
Jon
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 04:59 PM   #2
t335xi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi Sedan Sprt Line ppk

I'm generally disappointed with the BMW dealerships in the Denver area too. I shopped Murray a few times before getting my 335 and it was obvious that they did not want to deal with a customer that was under 30 years old and not dressed up.

I finally settled on Schomp highlands ranch which has been ok but falls short compared to Kuni Lexus which really is the best dealership in Denver.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2014, 04:38 AM   #3
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

When I was doing service there, the Murray BMW was integrated with BMW USED car dept. It was sure different feeling than a New car sales dept.
      01-13-2015, 02:21 PM   #4
preppy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 i3 REx - Ionic Silver

Hmm, seems like an old thread that was recently dug up for some reason

BUT, just wanted to chime in and say that my wife and I have had nothing but really good experiences so far with Murray BMW. We get our e92 m3 serviced there (even though it wasn't bought there) regularly and they've treated us with first class service....even our phone conversations have been pleasant.

While we haven't purchased a BMW from them directly yet, we have taken a few test drives and interacted with a few of the salesfolk and all of them have been very nice to deal with. I can't speak to the closing the deal part, but I am sure it'll be fine then too.

To the OP, sorry to hear you had a weird experience. I hope they've made up for it.
      01-20-2015, 11:26 PM   #5
J3
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
they did not nor did they make any attempt to do so but I've moved on.

I go to Schomp instead. They are world class. Whenever I need service they will pickup my car from the office and drop off a loaner. Then when the service is finished, they'll take drive my car back to me.

I know this is something Murray would ABSOLUTELY not do.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 11:05 AM   #6
J3
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
I work in DTC. I had them pickup my car in the morning at 7am on the dot. I really like them a lot.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 12:55 PM   #7
DentalBoy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M6 Gran Coupe

I have had the best sales and service at Schomp! Ask for Jesse or Ben and they will treat you right!
E60 M5 Dinan stg3,hiflow throttle bodies,coldair,evosport rear diff,Eisenmann Race sold
E39 M5 UUC short shift,UUC Corsa and More Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 05:22 PM   #8
J3
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by preppy View Post
I'll eat crow re: Murray sales (I've still had good experiences re: service). My wife and I are expecting twins so our 2011 e92 m3 competition is no longer a practical vehicle. Sad day, I know...
BTW- that's big of you to come back here and say that. New members to the fam though- that's gotta be exciting!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 05:28 PM   #9
WilliCO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 535 xDrive MSport

Interesting thread.

I see Murray as an old-school car lot. They play dirty, we play dirty. If you are a master car buyer, you can do well. I've bought two cars there since 2001, I got completely screwed the first time and did somewhat better the second time. The finance department is a wilderness of mirrors over there.

I don't believe it is possible to do as well on price at Schomp as it is elsewhere, but I do think they are very transparent and you understand what you are paying for. They want you to value the convenience and time saved going through their program and, for most of us, they are not wrong. But they don't budge a dime on their pricing, at least not in my experience.
      07-08-2015, 04:02 PM   #10
g8orscott
Rep
Drives: 428i xdrive GC

I see Murray getting killed on here, but I recently had a very different experience. Went in a test drove a 428GC with Eddie, who told me he was going on a month vacation and recommended a different CA.

At that point I drove a few other cars, including one at Schomp. Schomp didn't seem to care if I was there, and despite signs that said one salesperson/one car/one hour (or something like that), it was 30 minutes before anyone spoke to me and I was passed to 5 different people. I asked about ordering and they told me that they priced $1200 over invoice, no exceptions and no incentives. I left.

I was going to order out of state, but found one at Murray on the lot that was more than I wanted, but figured I'd give it a try. We negotiated by email, which probably made this more painless. I got what I considered a really good deal nationally, and probably a great deal for this market. The CA made a quick recommendation of lease protection, but no hard sell. The finance guy actually helped me lower my MSDs as my calculations were slightly off, and didn't try to upsell anything.

Overall, it was a really good experience and much better than Schomp with about lower pricing by about $3k.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2015, 12:03 AM   #11
crow
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 550i Carbon Black Msport

Murray is under different ownership now. I have noticed they are a bit better then they use to be on new sales. Schomp is the worst in Denver, only go there if you like getting ripped off. It is sad how bad Schomp is for new car sales.

I suggest Gebhardt or Murray. Problem is both of those dealership have low inventory. Haven't been to the new Winslow in the Springs yet. They never seem to have M-sports I like on their web site.
      10-27-2015, 11:00 AM   #12
WilliCO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 535 xDrive MSport

Sonic bought Murray, which probably gives them more allocation options and maybe better access to CPO cars across their network.

They appear to be trying a one-price approach now, but I don't get the impression they are as married to the model as Schomp, who will indeed let you walk out the door rather than move off of their price.

Anyone buy a car at Murray recently?
      11-08-2015, 10:48 AM   #13
kadify
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 428i xDrive GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliCO View Post
Sonic bought Murray, which probably gives them more allocation options and maybe better access to CPO cars across their network.

They appear to be trying a one-price approach now, but I don't get the impression they are as married to the model as Schomp, who will indeed let you walk out the door rather than move off of their price.

Anyone buy a car at Murray recently?
I attempted to buy a car. They bait and switched on me. Had everything ready, price agreed upon and was driving to the dealership and called to let them know I was on my way. Was informed they quoted me a price on a different car, mind you I provided them with the stock and vin of the one I was interested in so I'm not sure how they messed up, and after some back and forth was basically told they couldn't offer the price they quoted me anymore. Called my lawyer but since I didn't actually purchase the car I didn't have much of a case nor did I have proof of the price unless I wanted to contact ATT for my phone conversation records...
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 02:01 AM   #14
crow
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 550i Carbon Black Msport

Just got my 2016 550I last week there, I would recommend.
      12-05-2016, 12:04 PM   #15
ouengineer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 335xi, 97 Silvia

For anyone still reading this post, there's a guy named Sean at Gebhardt BMW in Boulder who just moved to the area. He was by far the best car salesman I've ever worked with. Ended up finding a ridiculous deal at Mercedes Westminster on a used 335, but really enjoyed working with him during my car search.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 12:14 PM   #16
dkmesa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 melbourne red 340i

the things you complained about in your email seem so trivial. And as far as deceptive sales tactics go...I've yet to have a dealership experience without those...almost makes it better that the guy explained his incentives for his tactics haha.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2017, 08:18 PM   #17
CPT Smuggs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F87

I just bought another CPO at BMW Pleasant Grove (it was actually brought down from Murray). Worked with Caleb and Jannah and had no issues. Of course they offered add-ons, which I declined, but all the numbers worked out. Got all the paperwork done in a single pass in less than an hour.
      01-17-2017, 01:02 PM   #18
DentalBoy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT Smuggs View Post
I just bought another CPO at BMW Pleasant Grove (it was actually brought down from Murray). Worked with Caleb and Jannah and had no issues. Of course they offered add-ons, which I declined, but all the numbers worked out. Got all the paperwork done in a single pass in less than an hour.
I think the op is talking about Murray BMW in Denver, not salt lake..
I cant believe the PG has a BMW dealership?? I lived there in 92-93 and it was a tiny community.. My, have times changed....
E60 M5 Dinan stg3,hiflow throttle bodies,coldair,evosport rear diff,Eisenmann Race sold
E39 M5 UUC short shift,UUC Corsa and More Sold

Last edited by DentalBoy; 01-17-2017 at 02:42 PM.. Reason: MISSING BELIEVE
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 09:59 PM   #19
CPT Smuggs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalBoy View Post
I think the op is talking about Murray BMW in Denver, not salt lake..
I cant believe the PG has a BMW dealership?? I lived there in 92-93 and it was a tiny community.. My, have times changed....
It's grown a lot, too much in my opinion. BMW of PG services Utah Valley, which is around 600k people now. Not a huge area compared to some, but a lot for the limited valley between all the mountains.
      02-12-2017, 09:21 PM   #20
CAMSHAFT
Rep
Drives: '14 335i GT (F34 N55)

Ive been relatively happy with the sales people at Schomp. I haven't dealt with the service guys yet.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 12:37 AM   #21
dannybeer
Rep
Drives: '04 330Ci ZHP, '17 440i xDrive

Interesting to see this thread. I've had some serious ups and downs at Murray (now Sonic). First experience back in 2011 was awful on my E46. Didn't go back until 2014 when the sheer distance out to Schomp drove me nuts and I gave them another try. Ended up buying from them and it was a pleasant experience with good to very good price.

Just ordered another vehicle from there in December. It was my last choice, but Schomp, and their far superior customer service, took several weeks to quote me a price on an order. The Boulder dealership promised the world and never called me back. Murray/Sonic told me to come back later, which annoyed me, but were ready to deal when I came back.

Communication during the order wait has been abysmal - I had one question and have had no emails or phone calls answered/returned. Got my answer from BMW Genius. I'm worried about the pickup and final paperwork signing, but they really were my last choice.

We were five minutes from just buying an Audi or Jaguar because of the headaches with Denver area BMW dealerships. It's sad. I really hope this one works out in the end.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 11:39 AM   #22
hemicuda1313
Rep
Drives: 2014 328 X-Drive

I am in Denver as well. The new Sonic facility is very nice. They seem to be still working out the kinks in the expansion. I just picked up a 2014 3 Series (out of state) and plan to try having it serviced here due to proximity to home.

As for other brands in Denver, I haven't had much luck with quality anywhere. I think Denver dealerships in general don't seem as interested in selling as many cars and having happy long term customers as some larger cities I have lived in.
Appreciate 0