2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics DIY Guides & Discussions Does anybody had a good write up on f10 DIY lowering springs?

05-15-2014, 01:32 AM   #1
spyroz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW f10 550i ///M Sport

I'm about to drop my car and I wanted to know if there's any good write up DIY on f10 lowering, especially on 550i ///MSport, NONE iXdrive. I've done a Mercedes Benz W211 Sport in the past and is not that complicated. I did a little bit of research and it seem fairly easy. But, I just wanted to see if there's any trick that would be easier or I should pay close attention to certain area.

I also did some research on 3 types of springs (ACS,H&R,Eibach).

ACS springs is too soft, front is too low, ride bouncy.

Eibach only give .85" drop, not much of a drop, but the ride is very comfortable and stiff for 21" wheels. I had Eibach on my previous car W211, it ride nice and stiff on cornering. I don't mind going with Eibach again, but it just sit too high from the wheels.

H&R give it the right drop with 1.4 & 1.3" on the car, still give a comfortable ride, mean while sit a little lowering. It also stiff on cornering. This fit perfectly for 20" wheels. So I decided to go with this set up.

I had 20" wheels so I decided to go with H&R springs. I don't want to spend $3K on KW coils, and Megan coils is a joke.

Last edited by spyroz; 05-15-2014 at 01:40 AM..
Appreciate 0