E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Getting Ready to Detail....Thoughts???

05-14-2014, 10:27 PM   #1
bw86newman
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 335i

Garage List
1990 E30 325i  [0.00]
2011 E90 LCI 335i  [0.00]
Getting Ready to Detail....Thoughts???

Getting ready to do a major detailing session this weekend. Also just found out its Detailing Image's "Detail Day" this weekend. What great timing!! Below is a list of all the products I got if you can't tell from the picture.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 339
Size:  118.1 KB

MTM Foam Cannon
Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam
P21S Autowash Kit
Pinnacle XMT Series Speed Clay Kit
HD UNO
Menzerna SF 4500
Menzerrna Poly Lock Sealant
Lake Country Pads (CCS) - x3 Orange, x3 White, x2 Black/Grey, x1 Red
Various Chemical Guys Microfiber Towels (Bought in bulk, the way to go)
Chemical Guys Woolly Mammoth Drying Towel

Still awaiting Chemical Guys Black on Black for trim and Dodo Juice Blue Velvet Hard Wax.

All the supplies are from Amazon, Detailed Image, and Autoality. Gotta love the amazon prime free 2 day shipping (had to get the honeydew with that). I have to give a shoutout to 'T' (Eric) at Autoality, he helped me decide on some products, gave me great advice and kept answering all of my noob questions for this first time detailer.

Maybe I'm a little crazy since this is going to be my first detail, but I think I will get much more satisfaction doing this myself, even if it does take me 3 whole days! If anyone has any advice for me that would be great. I will be doing the detail outside (unfortunately) but luckily under a carport.

I am going to try and time lapse the whole detail with the GoPro. Hopefully I can get that uploaded along with a bunch of before and after pictures for you all to view.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 10:48 PM   #2
Hologram7
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92

Great tools for a clean wash. Key is to wash properly. You want to find all scratches before washing its harder to see them with soap and water already on.

Also just stumbled on this a while ago I have used a 2 bucket method, but this 'paint whisperer' uses a 3 bucket method. Here is a video but a bit overkill on this R8, but you don't need 3 days damn unless you are doing some type of paint correction?!!
      05-14-2014, 11:30 PM   #3
sd_luis
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325I

looks like your about to go to war with your car paint lol.
well you could post in the wash, wax, detail section and I'm pretty sure you will get more help from real professionals.
I never heard from HD UNO, but Idk how I feel from you to going from a cutting polish to a super fine polish like sf4500. I would recommend getting sf4000 or m205, but that's just me What color car do you have?
also what machine are you using D/A or rotary?