Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Bent/Cracked/Bubbling Wheels and Tire Thread

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

03-29-2014, 05:05 PM   #1
maxxxboost
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Bent/Cracked/Bubbling Wheels and Tire Thread

Since winter is almost over and we'll be slapping on the summers soon, i'd like us to share our experiences with bent/cracked/bubbling wheels and tires.

I've read a lot of threads about members bending or cracking their rims so this might help other members in choosing wheels and tires for their summer/winter setup.

My previous set up was Work LS105 (19x8) with 225/35/19 all around. I've had the rims for a long time and struck so many pot holes! Fortunately for me, i've never bent or cracked a rim. I can't say the same for bubbling; i have replaced 5 bubbled tires throughout the years.

Nito 555 - x2
Pirelli pzero - x1
Hankook Ventus - x1
Achilles Atr - x1

I ended up with the Achilles because they were cheap.

After selling my car and picking up an e90, i just purchased a set of LM reps and am scared shi*less about bending or cracking a rim (knock on wood). I wanted to go a bit aggressive and have some stretch on the 19x8.5/9.5 with a 225/35/19 and 255/30/19 setup but was afraid of potentially damaging my rims so i opted for 235/35/19 and 265/30/19 (those extra mm's might help!).

Only time will tell now. But lets here some stories! What rims do you have, what tires do you have, what happened and how much did it cost to fix!?
Appreciate 0