Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Got New Nitto Invo Tires ... Just in time too!

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

03-25-2014, 03:12 AM   #1
matty231
Second Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i M

Post Got New Nitto Invo Tires ... Just in time too!

Driving to the horse races on Friday, it's wet, and I drive off from a light a little to heavy footed, the as slides out slightly, I'm thinking oh crap!

Don't think anything of it, pull up 2 minutes later to the car park and hear a 'tap tap tap' sound as I drive.

I think 'f**k i've got a flatty'... then I remember I had RFT (old ones that is, ones from Japan that the car original had)...

I find a big piece of tread (well a long corded piece coming off the wheel)... not major, the tyre was fine but cautiously I drove home that night.

Then Saturday, looked for tires, had to have the tire pop on a Friday night! (No ones ever open usually on the weekend over here).

But luckily I find a tyre shop who cuts me a deal on some Nitto Invo's... I originally wanted non-rft RE050A's but the guy said these Nitto's are good.. (Never heard of 'em personally).

So $1400 later, they're cool tyres! Nice look, BUT NOT as reactive as the RFT in terms of high speed jerking of the wheel, the body seems to respond slightly later than the input... I.e. the runflats sidewalls obviously gave good lateral stability.

But other than that, they GRIP, no more wheelspin in 1st They actually do handle better than the RFT... Originally on my drive home I thought they handled worst than my Subaru Outback, but I quashed that quickly

=======

Also hooked up some BMS DCI the other week, they're mint too... Only a small power difference (being on a stock car)... but I love the noise they make, totally worth it.

2008 BMW 335i M-Sport
Black Saph w/ Dakato Black | M-Sport | Sunroof | iDrive | 6SP Steptronic | Comfort Access | Lights Package | JDM Spec
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 04:08 AM   #2
derryck
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 Coupe

$1,400 for a set of Invos seems a bit on the high side...could have got a set of Michelin PSSs for less then that and they are superior tires.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 05:35 AM   #3
Underground6t9
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi, Lexus is250

I think you overpaid, Nitttos are ok you should have gone with michelin for that price.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 06:10 AM   #4
NormE91
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi Touring

$1400 Australian dollars = $1280 US dollars. About the cost of run flats in the states.

Tires are more expensive in many countries than they are in the states.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 08:22 AM   #5
theblackmamba
Banned
Rep
Drives: 0

Tyres!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 09:32 AM   #6
AzureHaze
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d Sport

Sounds like someone needs to hit the track and REALLY put those tires to the test!
JBD @ 100% | KW ST Coilovers | M3 rep. front bumper | 888Concepts AE Upgrade | GP Thunder 7500k fogs | Cyba 4" carbon tips | BSW Stage 1 | APEX ARC-8 W/ Michelin PSS | Ziza LED interior | Weisslicht LED side lenses | Sprint Booster | Euro side mirrors | M-Sport semi-conversion | Coded | LOTS of carbon fiber
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 01:55 AM   #7
matty231
Second Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i M

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureHaze View Post
Sounds like someone needs to hit the track and REALLY put those tires to the test!
Haha oh oh, I had a big cruise with a few other fellow 335i's today and we put them through their paces I believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackmamba View Post
Tyres!
Tires in NZ pal, we write the UK version of english not the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormE91 View Post
$1400 Australian dollars = $1280 US dollars. About the cost of run flats in the states.

Tires are more expensive in many countries than they are in the states.
Yea, we pay $$$ for tires, $600+ for a single OEM Runflat, thats in NZD.

2008 BMW 335i M-Sport
Black Saph w/ Dakato Black | M-Sport | Sunroof | iDrive | 6SP Steptronic | Comfort Access | Lights Package | JDM Spec
Appreciate 0