Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > ITM TPMS Sensors new RDC module

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

03-22-2014, 12:43 PM   #1
Vrizrak
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive

Garage List
ITM TPMS Sensors new RDC module

4 month ago I've installed new set of winter tires with ITM TPMS sensors. I did a lot of research and those sensors seems fine. Wheels was installed with no problems at all. All sensors was fully operational without anything unusual. After 2 month I've got "TPMS Inactive" after 30 minutes of driving. After shut down car and re-started again no errors. Than it just stopped working. Inactive all the time. Which actually not a big deal because it was a winter set Blizzak RFT. So i don't really care if sensors are not working.

But yesterday while i was driving my Instrumental cluster was reseted twice. All lights comes up such as service, brakes, oil etc. I pulled over and tried open doors by unlock button on dash with no luck... I was only able to open then them by pulling a handle.... radio was suited as well as my external GPS... Took car to dealership (was able to drive it. Engine was run OK). Car is CPO (53K of course 3K after factory warranty but that's fine). So dealer was found "FAULTS FOR K CAN TRACED TO INTERNAL FAILURE IN RDC MODULE".

(on picture car was stopped on idle. Tach showing as 0 rpm but 20 mph)

Could ITM sensors cause faults in RDC module? Or it's just a coincidence? I still have them on my winter set..
Appreciate 0