E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Any place that can re-flash my CAS in LA/OC/SD?

12-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
scythemk
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Sedan, Sport Pkg.

Any place that can re-flash my CAS in LA/OC/SD?

A month or so ago my battery died and AAA came and gave me a jump start. Ever since, I've had an ELV error on my dash. The car starts fine and the steering unlocks without issue, it's just annoying to see the red error all the time. I'm convinced there's nothing actually wrong with the ELV and that it's an erroneous code. I've read that the CAS firmware/SW can be reflashed to permanently clear this error.

Does anyone know a reputable place in LA/OC/SD that could do this for me? Or would anyone on this forum be willing to do it for me (I'd gladly pay you)?
I'd much rather pay $50 to reflash the CAS than pay the $800+ that my indy mechanic is suggesting to replace the steering column, all to get rid of a stupid error message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Appreciate 0