E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > BMW insured warranty

12-05-2013, 01:18 AM   #1
Igotwood
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 320d 07

BMW insured warranty

As I've just found out in gonna be a father I thought it would be a good idea to to get a warranty for my car, I've been looking at BMW warranties, I'm stuck between the comprehensive and the named component options, I've got an 07 320d and I'm concerned about timing chain etc, would the named component be best? Just wondered if any of you who have claimed through the warranty could share your thoughts and some information on what you claimed for and what policy you had
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 02:13 AM   #2
rs32
Team UK - Hybrid Audio Technologies
Rep
Drives: 335d M Sport

for the extra few ££ go for the comprehensive - if it's peace of mind you are looking for then this makes sense.

if you want a safety net and the price difference between the 2 options is a real factor, the named component is a decent level of protection - but personally I'd get the top level of cover.

for either option, in the event of a claim, you'll need to prove your service history so make sure you check those details before comitting your ££.

My experiences so far of having the warranty protection are excellent - I'm on my second policy (different cars) and can't really fault the way BMW deal with things. It's a Mondial policy but BMW do back it up properly.
      12-05-2013, 02:38 AM   #3
D_Boi
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 LCI M Sport

Firstly.... Congratulations!!!

And yes go for comprehensive as its a great warranty and it will potentially save you bundles of money long term!

Modz: Bmw Black grills//Bmw Performance Exhaust//M3 style boot lip//window trim wrap...
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
Igotwood
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 320d 07

Thanks lads, went with comprehensive in the end, not to bad at £57 a month including breakdown, sure it's expensive but better safe then sorry
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
blues n twos
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 DCT coupe

Mine runs out in July and I will be extending it. I have the comprehensive policy and my car is in the dealers now having a gearbox and engine sump leak fixed.

I also mentioned the tilt memory of the nearside mirror is faulty and two new motors also fitted under warranty

Total peace of mind for £2 a day. I have the insured warranty on my bmw motorbike (K1200GT) and the ABS pump has failed. £1100 to replace and also covered by the warranty and its only £33 a month the the bike.

Jon
      12-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #6
skelts
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Congratulations firstly.

The warranty is definitely worth it. I had it on the 335 although I never used it and I have just done the bmw warranty on my new purchase. Comprehensive is the route I went. Worth it for piece of mind and could save you a hell of a lot of money if it went wrong.
Appreciate 0