E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Strange issue with iPod/Bluetooth

11-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #1
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT

Question Strange issue with iPod/Bluetooth

Hey guys!

I'm having the strangest issue with my iPod and Bluetooth. When my iPod alone is plugged in, it works perfectly. Absolutely no issues whatsoever. But, when I hook up my Bluetooth from my Android phone (Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE), it works for a few minutes, then an odd, noticeable yet subtle "beep" occurs for about a second, and both the iPod and Bluetooth just stop working. The iDrive system says that it can no longer detect the iPod connection (through USB cable) and my Bluetooth just turns off. I have to then disconnect and reconnect the iPod to get it working. And then, again, when I turn on the Bluetooth, same issue. Tiny little "beep" (kind of sounds like some kind of interference noise?) and both the iPod and Bluetooth quit working. When I leave in my iPod alone, no issue whatsoever, as I've tested it hours on end, whereas with the iPod and Bluetooth both connected, the issue occurs within minutes.

I am absolutely at loss here. What is going on? Any ideas? Issue with Bluetooth maybe? Hopefully it's not the iDrive system.

I haven't made any modifications to my iDrive system (or car in general, apart from changing the tires and wheels).

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0