E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Only Certain Sounds Working

11-19-2013, 07:04 AM   #1
samulis
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Only Certain Sounds Working

Hello everyone,

This is a repost from the Audio forum, I recently purchased a 2006 330i with idrive and some of the vehicle sounds aren't working... The radio/cd and aux work just fine. It's the nav voice/sirius/door chimes/seat belt chimes/ voice control are silent. The voice control does work but you can't hear the prompts. I can browse the channels in Sirius but there is no audio. I'm thinking that it possibly a coding error. The previous owner mentioned that the "radio" was replaced. Any ideas would be appriciated. Thanks in advance!!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 06:30 AM   #2
BMW..
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by samulis
Hello everyone,

This is a repost from the Audio forum, I recently purchased a 2006 330i with idrive and some of the vehicle sounds aren't working... The radio/cd and aux work just fine. It's the nav voice/sirius/door chimes/seat belt chimes/ voice control are silent. The voice control does work but you can't hear the prompts. I can browse the channels in Sirius but there is no audio. I'm thinking that it possibly a coding error. The previous owner mentioned that the "radio" was replaced. Any ideas would be appriciated. Thanks in advance!!
You have to code the head unit to have your version of sound. My radio came with premium sound and I don't so I had to change it
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #3
samulis
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

OK great! that's kind of what I was thinking but wanted some verification. I just ordered the cable so hopefully i'll be able to figure it out soon.
Appreciate 0