home
E46 M3 Coupe and Convertible Forum General E46 M3 Forum

10-20-2007, 08:05 PM   #1
BlownM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW M3

Armkreuz Eurowerkz Iforged Dtm Autobody Widebody M3 Collaboration First Pics

As some of you guys know Michael Correa and I have traded cars. Two months ago I saw a post on 6speedonline.com that Michael was interesting in selling his Porsche to get back into a M3. At the time my car was at DTM Autobody waiting for two rear quarter panels to arrive from Germany so that I could covert the yellow widebody m3 renderings posted on this forums a few years ago into reality. I have seen many of the widebody kits for the E46 as well as the custom widebodies done and I was not very impressed. I always belive that you have to keep the lines of the car clean, and Mike and I made sure the car would look like a factory widebody that BMW would actually offer. We decided to design the widebody after the BMW E30 and Esquiss E36 M3 Widebodies.

Heres the original rendering

Because of time constraints to complete the Porsche Turbo for SEMA I ended up flying to Maryland and driving the car back 3000 miles to start my Porsche Project. Mike was very patient waiting for daily and weekly updates regarding on his M3, and I appreciate his patience dealing with my concerns on the car. I am a perfectionist and we changed around some details of the car a few times delaying the original release date, but in the end the car came out perfect. impin:

So now after 2 months our collaboration project is finally complete. DTM Autobody did an amazing job. I have snapped a few quick pictures for the public to see. Not even Mike has seen these pictures yet, so you guys are getting the first scoop and unveiling of his new car. We have a professional photo shoot planned next week and then the car will be on trailer to Maryland.

Thanks to all the sponsors who came through to help us build this one of a kind BMW M3. Here are some quick facts

Spec Sheet

Car is now 1.75" inches wider on each rear quarter fender or 3.5" wider in total girth.

Wheels specs

19x9 iForged Daytona finished in Hyper Gunmetal with 2" Chrome Lip 235/35/19 Falken GRB 452

19x12 iForged Daytona finished in Hyper Gunmetal with 6" Rear Chrome Lip 315/25/19 Falken GRB 452

Thanks for everyone below for helping us realize this dream.

Nik and Jeff at VF Engineering
Kalvin at Falken Tires
Mia, Naomi, Martin, Long and the entire team at DTM Autobody
The entire iForged Performance Alloys team
Erwin at Vorsteiner
JLevi
Loren at Rotora Brakes
Ming and Tetsu at ES Techincal Roadsports

Without further ado Enjoy

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2007, 08:05 PM   #2
BlownM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

More Pics

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2007, 08:05 PM   #3
BlownM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

AND IF YOU ARE WONDERING WHAT I DID WITH MIKE'S PORSCHE HERE YOU GO

Its been about 2 years since I sold my widebody supercharged Porsche 996. In the meantime I have been floating around between a few other cars, and finally I felt its time to build another Porsche. Having already built a crazy 996 in the past, I felt this time I really needed to top myself. The new project for 2007-2008 is converting a 996 Turbo into a 997 Techart GT Street Turbo.

Currently the car is at 3C in Culver City converting from a 996TT to a 997TT body. Thanks to Misha who helped me out with all the details and supplied his conversion fenders.

Thanks to all the following business and indivduals below for helping me with my vision and dream.

Mike and Todd at Evolution Motorsports EVOMS for helping me out with the engine details. I will have the Stage 4 Kit making 600HP.

Mark and Ryan at CEC Wheels for sourcing me one of the first Techart GT Street Kits to arrive in the United States.

Fabryce and GMG for the wonderful roll cage.

Gary and his team at Brembo/Race Technolgies for the 15" brakes front and rear brakes.

Misha at 911wings.com for his experience, parts and being a pioneer to attempt this conversion. I would have never even thought this was possible until you called me.

Raj and Brian at 3C for tackling this difficult project. They are the only body shop I trust for this work.

Brian Fox at BASF for supplying the 997 GT3RS Green paint.

Finally to all the members of 6speedonline for allowing me to share my passion for modifying cars.

I will post more pictures after we get the body kit in and prepped.

My Old Car.

Pictures of my current conversion

This is what it will look like when I am done, except I am leaving the hood and roof green.

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 12:10 AM   #4
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

wow that green is intense. good shit!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 01:13 AM   #5
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

Those brakes are bigger than a large pizza!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 02:03 AM   #6
Dwn2Race
Private
Rep
Drives: 2002 330ci

you should have done the front fenders as well! looks kinda imcomplete without them. but at least the rears looks nice.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 02:26 AM   #7
jtown
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBD

Wow. Ballin' out of control.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 09:26 AM   #8
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep