E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > just starting, what can I do with my Android?

10-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #1
Oldmanhenry
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i

just starting, what can I do with my Android?

I'm getting a bluetooth obd2 shortly and I intend on trying out some apps with my e90. I know things like torque pro will give live readouts and show me codes but I can't get clear answers on if it will clear codes or allow me to do minor edits like register a new battery. Does anyone here know?

I've also seen a more expensive app mentioned called BMWhat that can supposedly code more in depth items but all the YouTube videos are silent and I can't find very detailed reviews anywhere.

I also bought a cable, but still need to find a compatible laptop for that to work. .. so I have options. Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
insi10
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

I'm sure someone has a kinder and more constructive answer, but mine is "too many toys." I use this message board and the key fob to check and reset diagnostics.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
nate5ks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

How do you do that with your key fob?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #4
ms123
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i, 01 740iL, 82 320is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldmanhenry
I'm getting a bluetooth obd2 shortly and I intend on trying out some apps with my e90. I know things like torque pro will give live readouts and show me codes but I can't get clear answers on if it will clear codes or allow me to do minor edits like register a new battery. Does anyone here know?

I've also seen a more expensive app mentioned called BMWhat that can supposedly code more in depth items but all the YouTube videos are silent and I can't find very detailed reviews anywhere.

I also bought a cable, but still need to find a compatible laptop for that to work. .. so I have options. Thanks for your help.
I installed BMWhat yesterday. Very impressive piece of work. Coding options are somewhat limited... but couldn't be easier. All menu driven. Now... if they could just add an option to kill the ambers when running angel eyes as DRL...
Appreciate 0