F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > What Is the Proper Way of Modifying Your Ride?
GetBMWParts

10-14-2013, 12:09 AM   #1
alexchen86
Too Many Hobbies!
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Sportline AW

What Is the Proper Way of Modifying Your Ride?

Well this is going to spark a little debate....

Don't get me wrong the F30 N55 is a beast as is. But sooner or later you will want more....

So I started off with a few cosmetic stuff, black 335i emblem to match the color theme on my AW Sportline with the black trims and black mirrors, then black whiskers, black M Sport grill, black whiskers, medium tint, and paint matched side markers.

Looking into the next step to mod. I think best bang for your buck will probably be a tuning it with a JB4 and DCI? Exhaust? How about wheels/tires? Brakes? Aesthetics? Any particular order I should follow without it looking goofy until I get the next upgrade in?

Eventually it's going to need a lip spoiler....if I lower it then I'll throw on a roof spoiler as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 12:18 AM   #2
JN1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: S211 AMG E63

there's really no "proper way". It's all about your end goal and what you want to do. It's personal preference.
      10-14-2013, 03:25 AM   #3
Avian
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2020 F44 BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Garage List
It's definitely about personal preference however if you could upload some pics it'll help for us to suggest according to the theme of your car.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 03:39 AM   #4
ƒ°
Rep
Drives: ✚

I would say there IS a "proper" way to mod your car. And that "proper" way is different for every car scene. Believe it or not, there is even a proper way to donk your car. So choose a scene and do your research on it.

PS. Please don't donk your car.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 07:50 AM   #5
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number View Post
I would say there IS a "proper" way to mod your car. And that "proper" way is different for every car scene. Believe it or not, there is even a proper way to donk your car. So choose a scene and do your research on it.

This is one of the best posts I've seen here, +1000000 for pointing me towards donking, I never knew what to make of those lifted cars on 26's, but it all makes sense now.

Here's quite possibly the greatest site on the internet - http://donksnob.com/

Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #6
alexchen86
Too Many Hobbies!
United_States
Rep

Somehow I freaking knew there would a slight racial or should I say slight "cultural" interest into this thread. Lol all know what kinda people would drive a vehicle with explired inspection, blown out rear struts, white sometimes even black accelerating from a light, yet somehow manage to afford a retarded wheel and tore package ALL MADE IN CHINA!!!

And these wheel and tire shops mark them up 8-10 fold as package deal or what they call a cash hook up...we have a been there maybe when we were broke and wanted shiny things lol.

Odd thing is even with those crap Chinese tires and Chinese wheels it STILL costs at least 30-70% of their vehicle's resale value. Wait not resale value I mean chop shop prices where they get ripped AGAIN bc it had to be towed. Don't even get me started on junkyards Hispanics.

Sorry for the vent lol maybe it might cheer up someone's morning been up most of the night working for are presentation. So I beg your pardon on my ever so close comments. I am not insulting any race or gender as a matter of fact s fellow car enthusiasts we all know Mexican styled cars and trucks, African American styled cars and trucks, and I am ashamed to say it ASIAN styled rice cookers gaaaah!

It's bad enough ppl assume we can't drive and are only good at math...now you have to embarrass your dignity by converting a 94-96 yellow Civic with a full blown C230 makeover only on the exterior....and then can't forget abut the ricer slanted license plate on the rear trunk that has been recessed so the neons can illuminate some crazy green or blue color.

Why spend all that money, work, licensed Mercedes parts from various scrap yard, and create a Frankenstein machine when clearly the yellow tint immediately gives it away s the interior is Honda mania....
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #7
F32
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexchen86 View Post
Somehow I freaking knew there would a slight racial or should I say slight "cultural" interest into this thread. Lol all know what kinda people would drive a vehicle with explired inspection, blown out rear struts, white sometimes even black accelerating from a light, yet somehow manage to afford a retarded wheel and tore package ALL MADE IN CHINA!!!

And these wheel and tire shops mark them up 8-10 fold as package deal or what they call a cash hook up...we have a been there maybe when we were broke and wanted shiny things lol.

Odd thing is even with those crap Chinese tires and Chinese wheels it STILL costs at least 30-70% of their vehicle's resale value. Wait not resale value I mean chop shop prices where they get ripped AGAIN bc it had to be towed. Don't even get me started on junkyards Hispanics.

Sorry for the vent lol maybe it might cheer up someone's morning been up most of the night working for are presentation. So I beg your pardon on my ever so close comments. I am not insulting any race or gender as a matter of fact s fellow car enthusiasts we all know Mexican styled cars and trucks, African American styled cars and trucks, and I am ashamed to say it ASIAN styled rice cookers gaaaah!

It's bad enough ppl assume we can't drive and are only good at math...now you have to embarrass your dignity by converting a 94-96 yellow Civic with a full blown C230 makeover only on the exterior....and then can't forget abut the ricer slanted license plate on the rear trunk that has been recessed so the neons can illuminate some crazy green or blue color.

Why spend all that money, work, licensed Mercedes parts from various scrap yard, and create a Frankenstein machine when clearly the yellow tint immediately gives it away s the interior is Honda mania....
Da fuq.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #8
Cio
Rep
Drives: 335i on order

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32 View Post
Da fuq.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #9
dc503
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i

Huh, would you look at that.
      10-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #10
ƒ°
Rep
Drives: ✚

Seriously? Wow. Facepalm.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #11
Agamemnon
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 m3 ss2 zcp full leather

Would not want to drive one of those things out of the suburbs. Could you imagine them on a windy, twisty mountain highway. Deathcab!

To the OP, be careful on outrageous spoilers. Small and classy is nice. These oversized wings look pretty stupid - your 335i is not a F1 car driving at speeds of 200 to 300 km/hr.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 12:48 AM   #12
alexchen86
Too Many Hobbies!
United_States
Rep

Exactly. I don't trust replica body parts because fiberglass ill never fit the way you want it. You end up spending more on labor and risk damaging your trunk if you're not careful.

I just want the mild lip spoiler either in gloss black to match my color theme. Lol and for all the fellow forum members here I apologize for that rant that I honestly dont remember what I was writing about!

I was still drunk from the night before I guess lol. And no I never drink and drive!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 05:33 AM   #13
lewes2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

The mind runs crazy with absurd possibilities: can a Fiat 500 Abarth be donked on 32s?
      10-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #14
DesertSmokeBBQ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 335i M-Sport

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number

^^^^THIS! (But if you do, pics please, I'd like to see what a fool and his money look like when parted)

Traded 9-1-13 '13 Estoril Blue II F30 - 328i - ZMM - ZPP -ZDY - ZTB - 403 - 465 - 494 - 4DX- LC (Black) - 6NL
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #15
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Da fuq.
My sentiments exactly!

Quote:
Exactly. I don't trust replica body parts because fiberglass ill never fit the way you want it. You end up spending more on labor and risk damaging your trunk if you're not careful.

I just want the mild lip spoiler either in gloss black to match my color theme. Lol and for all the fellow forum members here I apologize for that rant that I honestly dont remember what I was writing about!

I was still drunk from the night before I guess lol. And no I never drink and drive!
Not all replica parts are fiberglass and not all replica parts have fitment issues (..and not all high quality, expensive parts fit properly). Just saying!

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 10-15-2013 at 02:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #16
Aaron_Cohen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M Package

Drop your car and get a front lip as well as a trunk spoiler.
You can go to any tuning shop to see if they can soonest you, possibly giving you rims and mods for cheap.
My cousin is doing that with his A4
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #17
DVC
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by drob23 View Post
+1000000 for pointing me towards donking
Here's quite possibly the greatest site on the internet - http://donksnob.com/
Thanks drob - I just spend 5 minutes of my life that I'll never get back on DonkSnob.com
      10-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #18
F32
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

I'm still curious to see these "Mexican styled cars and trucks" and 'African American styled cars and trucks."

Is this like "JDM style" where we can put a racial theme on a particular style?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #19
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC View Post
Thanks drob - I just spend 5 minutes of my life that I'll never get back on DonkSnob.com
You have much more self-control than me...
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #20
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
I'm still curious to see these "Mexican styled cars and trucks" and 'African American styled cars and trucks."

Is this like "JDM style" where we can put a racial theme on a particular style?
I hate to buy into the stereotypical descriptions of vehicles (..I'm black BTW!), BUT....

...there is some degree of regularity/predictability when it comes to the way certain ethnicities "modify" their cars. I can predict with a certain degree of success the ethnicity of a driver without ever seeing the driver (..and in many cases I can't see the driver even if I tried; damn tinted windows).

I pull cars over for a living.....12 hours a day.....3 or 4 days a week (..plus OT), so my hit rate is pretty damn good.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #21
335BOY
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC View Post
...............me too. Hilar.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #22
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Less is more. Also keep in mind, cars that are heavily modded usually are hard to sell. Àlso, dealerships will give you less on a trade in than one without modifications.
Appreciate 0