E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Car doesn't recognize iPhone 5, loaner car does!

10-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #1
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Car doesn't recognize iPhone 5, loaner car does!

So I have a 2011 335i premium with navigation and controls, it will not read my iPhone 5 it says device not recognized even if I plug the USB into Center console or the dash.

My car is getting looked at for a possible vacuum leak or bad coil so they put me in a loaner car, they put me in a 2011 BMW 335i the same as mine.

It has the Harman Cardin speaker tweeters in the corners of the windows by the front dashboard.

It's reading my music from the iPhone 5!

The service advisor Just told me he thinks it's a programming update possibly and will take a look at updating it tomorrow does this sound right? Also if it's not correct can I just buy the same stereo head unit or CD player that goes in the loaner car and put it in my car? Also the angel eyes and my car are orange and the one on the loaner car is blue why is this? They're the same year and model car.

Thanks everyone.

JB4 Stage 2 | Injen CAI | BMW PE | AR Catless DP | Alpina TCU Flash | Eibach Pro Kit | Custom TCKline Koni's | 19" M359 Wheels | DWS Tires
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 09:48 PM   #2
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
I'm thinking that an update will allow it to play. Dealer seems to think so. Anyone know if I have to buy the head unit?

JB4 Stage 2 | Injen CAI | BMW PE | AR Catless DP | Alpina TCU Flash | Eibach Pro Kit | Custom TCKline Koni's | 19" M359 Wheels | DWS Tires
Appreciate 0