E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Problems

09-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
G4z2a
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 325i

Problems

Trying to sort my first try of coding my e90.

I have installed the programs and ODB usb cable onto my macbook (using virtual machine).

I am opening the bmw program (forgot what it is called but its the one with battery and ignition at the top) just to check if the car and laptop are connected.

So thats open and the then turn the car on with the cable in the laptop and connected to the ODB2 port on drivers side. Anyway the battery and ignition is indicators still say off.....

Any suggestions on where am going wrong?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #2
cyrano
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: E61 530XD chipped

Don't get it wrong first check if you can connect to modules.. Some interfaces have proper ignition discover and some of them not - it depends on chip.

First try to check if your COM port is using proper port that matches ediabas.ini once , then check if drivers are newest , it really should work like a charm
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #3
G4z2a
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano
Don't get it wrong first check if you can connect to modules.. Some interfaces have proper ignition discover and some of them not - it depends on chip.

First try to check if your COM port is using proper port that matches ediabas.ini once , then check if drivers are newest , it really should work like a charm
Thanks for the reply how do you know if the COMS port is the right 1? A d the chip your on about is that on the odb cable?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #4
cyrano
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: E61 530XD chipped

Yes im speaking about cable chip most of them are on FTDI rev 1 and rev 2 some on some other china crap and there is lots of errors on them.

To check com portgo to start-control settings - hardware and check at COM PORTS if USB serial is set to port 1 or 2 , if still no progress pm me with your email or viber number we will try to figure it out matey
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 01:10 AM   #5
G4z2a
United Kingdom
Rep

Ok ill try that later thanks for the help
Appreciate 0