E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Instead of bitching..

09-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #1
dL_EVO
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 EVO IX, 2011 BMW 335D

Instead of bitching..

I was wondering if all of us took the time to contact BMW tuning companies in the USA regarding our 335Ds and the lack of support for the car or do we just sit here creating post to bitch and moan about it?

I've taken the time to contact Cobb, Dinan, BMS, and Vishnu. Every single one of them has given me the same answer.

"we simply haven’t had the calls/requests for us to warrant spending the time/money/manpower developing it. Very sorry!!"

So my question is do you spend the time to contact these companies so they know there is actual interest and they will get a return on investment if they develop on our platform?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 08:26 PM   #2
Got_Diesel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d

I contacted cobb. Same response you got.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 11:38 PM   #3
AzureHaze
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d Sport

Who's really bitching though? I'm satisfied with my JDB and the majority would agree. Wanting a louder exhaust note is wishful thinking but hey, it's already too much of a PITA for a DPF delete anyway. Now, complaints about carbon build-up is a whole different story...
JBD @ 100% | KW ST Coilovers | M3 rep. front bumper | 888Concepts AE Upgrade | GP Thunder 7500k fogs | Cyba 4" carbon tips | BSW Stage 1 | APEX ARC-8 W/ Michelin PSS | Ziza LED interior | Weisslicht LED side lenses | Sprint Booster | Euro side mirrors | M-Sport semi-conversion | Coded | LOTS of carbon fiber
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 12:05 AM   #4
dL_EVO
Private
Rep

EGR Delete and tune would pretty much solve all of our issues with carbon build up, no?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #5
AzureHaze
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dL_EVO View Post
EGR Delete and tune would pretty much solve all of our issues with carbon build up, no?
Right but then how would Cali guys like you and I pass emissions?

Argh sometimes living here is nothing but headaches. If it weren't for the weather, beautiful women, nightlife and beaches...
JBD @ 100% | KW ST Coilovers | M3 rep. front bumper | 888Concepts AE Upgrade | GP Thunder 7500k fogs | Cyba 4" carbon tips | BSW Stage 1 | APEX ARC-8 W/ Michelin PSS | Ziza LED interior | Weisslicht LED side lenses | Sprint Booster | Euro side mirrors | M-Sport semi-conversion | Coded | LOTS of carbon fiber
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 06:03 AM   #6
dL_EVO
Private
Rep

There are ways around smog. If you know the right people.

But other then that. An EGR delete + tune isn't that big of a deal. You can just swap the EGR back to the stock unit once it's time to smog.

If we had an option like the Cobb AP, then we could switch maps back and forth easily.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 04:51 PM   #7
rogerdiaz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Quote:
I was wondering if all of us took the time to contact BMW tuning companies in the USA regarding our 335Ds and the lack of support for the car or do we just sit here creating post to bitch and moan about it?

I've taken the time to contact Cobb, Dinan, BMS, and Vishnu. Every single one of them has given me the same answer.

"we simply haven’t had the calls/requests for us to warrant spending the time/money/manpower developing it. Very sorry!!"

So my question is do you spend the time to contact these companies so they know there is actual interest and they will get a return on investment if they develop on our platform?
renntech has Xmas discounts for their mod.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 06:38 AM   #8
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335d

yes contact RENNtech theyre in the midst of EGR delete BUT NO one has come forward for it as a Guinea Pig, I would but I live in Puerto Rico, that said, unfortunately DIESEL is in its infancy stage here , also try JB best bang for your dollar BUT not everyones ECU can handle 100% at a shot it has to be gradualkly programmed so that the car can adapt unless Terry has come with a fix lately. otherwise stop BIATCHING, LOL just kidding amigo any questions feel free to ask here ok
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #9
joe_planet
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d

I got ecotune, it was $800. I love it.

I contacted Dinan.. they said oh no we would have to get an electrical engineer to reverse engineer the encryption on the DDE or some such nonsense.. omg pay a guy 50k and then sell each tune @ 2.5k as they always do. Breakeven is only 20 flashes! They didn't care... I don't like wasting my time talking to useless people and got ecotune.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #10
AzureHaze
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There are ways around smog. If you know the right people.

But other then that. An EGR delete + tune isn't that big of a deal. You can just swap the EGR back to the stock unit once it's time to smog.

If we had an option like the Cobb AP, then we could switch maps back and forth easily.
Well yeah, I guess you can find a smog shop with a guy that'll take an Andrew Jackson under the table just so he can look the other way on that delete.

A Cobb AP tune for our diesels would be nice and save me the time to constantly remove and reinstall the tune when I have to take a trip to the stealership.

We have the meth kit option to fall back on for more power don't we?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #11
zoltans4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '14 650 coupe

A cali smob place will REALLY be able to tell you deleted your EGR?
(considering no code was thrown)
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #12
Hoooper
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltans4 View Post
A cali smob place will REALLY be able to tell you deleted your EGR?
(considering no code was thrown)
no, not if there is no code. Unless you physically block it with something obvious, AND they go through the effort of taking the engine cover off which they never do
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #13
Hoooper
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureHaze View Post
We have the meth kit option to fall back on for more power don't we?
oh yeah we do, without a doubt. I can tell mine quite likes the meth
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #14
zoltans4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '14 650 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoooper View Post
oh yeah we do, without a doubt. I can tell mine quite likes the meth
I have a question I can't seem to get answered Hooper. Is the meth helping keep your intake track clean of buildup or is it happening anyway?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #15
Hoooper
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltans4 View Post
I have a question I can't seem to get answered Hooper. Is the meth helping keep your intake track clean of buildup or is it happening anyway?
I might be the only person that has a good ability to answer this...soon. Before I installed meth I took my manifold apart and inspected the intake and runners as well as took a bunch of pictures. Part of my plan is to document ANY changes in carbon buildup that I see over the next maybe year or so with this setup, checking on it every couple of months. My first check is going to be soon but I have not done it yet. I have reason to believe that it is getting cleaner but without pulling the manifold off I really cant say.
Appreciate 0