E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > DIS v57 experts. cannot clear codes

09-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
mccannable
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1

DIS v57 experts. cannot clear codes

I have been attempting to use dis and am able to run a quick test and pull codes but when i attempt a quick delete it runs down the list and all 'x's are removed. when i restart the car the airbag fault light is still there. I know its an occasional issue with safety battery terminal. it happens about once a year. I plan on fixing it but I have to master at least the basics in DIS.

any help is appreciated. if you are a true expert pm your price for the help.

i have done alot of searching and have failed to find support after its installed and working. all support i find is how to install/set up.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
nate5ks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

The fault code will keep coming back unless the fault is corrected. You will not be able to clear it unless you fix the problem that is causing it.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 07:06 AM   #3
mccannable
First Lieutenant
Rep

The fault is intermittent. The indie shop who was suppose to fix it claims they didn't know how and just clears the codes. They have done this twice and codes have been gone for 3-6 months. My warranty covers the repair I no local
Compentent shops so if I can push it off till next month when I have time to take it in to get replaced or if the part is cheap enough just replace.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 08:58 AM   #4
GenePoole
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Mine was a loose connection on the battery clamp sensor wire. It was intermittent as yours, but it got progressively worse. It was an easy fix. Just pull the plug and bend the tang ever so slightly to ensure good contact.

Here's my post with a video of how to remove the wire.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...21#post8389021
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #5
mccannable
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks. Did you have to reset the faults for them to go away?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #6
B12
Rep
Drives: ALPINA B12 5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccannable View Post
I have been attempting to use dis and am able to run a quick test and pull codes but when i attempt a quick delete it runs down the list and all 'x's are removed. when i restart the car the airbag fault light is still there..
First of all you have to read the fault of the airbag module and because is has a security related state only deleting it with the quick delete function wont work.

Start the quick test again, after thesSystem is finished, push the right green arrow. You will find a list of faults, push the right green arrow again. Now you can see the faults in a list, under every fault type (DME) you can see a message for example "-mixture adaption" or Airbag -seat belt pretensioner, mark the message with the - and push the right green arrow again.
You will find a information about the corrsponding module you marked the screen before. After the module informations are complete, push the green right arrow again. A new screen will open, mark the expert mode and like all the other sites before push the right green arrow. On the next screen you will find error code read, mark it and push the right green arrow again. on the next screen you will find the troublemaker. If you go bak you have the posibility to check particular components of the system. In your case if the model is 2006 you have the renewed info screen with detailed information about all the testmodules you can check.

The procedure is always the same with the left and right green arrows move the software were you want and what you want to do.

If you dont have a fault in your car, you have to mark the modules after the quick test manually. On the left lower corner right on the left arrow there is a field called function choice. Play a little bit with it and the marked modules will create a test plan.

Thats all for the first time.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #7
mccannable
First Lieutenant
Rep

That's seems pretty helpful thanks.
Appreciate 0