F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Business Media (F30) question
ARMA SPEED

09-05-2013, 03:29 AM   #1
mikeee
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d

Business Media (F30) question

Hi all

New to this forum, have a new F30 330d M-Sport arriving in September...

It is a UK car with Business Media (Nav), HK audio and standard (ie not enhanced) Bluetooth.

All questions regarding iPhone compatibility, album artwork etc on this forum seem to relate to the Pro Media. Can anyone explain what features I will get with the Business Media spec and an iPhone 4? Will I need the Y-cable, and does this come included with the car? Will artwork appear on the screen?

Many Thanks
Mikey
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 07:29 AM   #2
OC40
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i MSport + MPS/MPPK

Garage List
2013 MINI S  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Congrats on the new car. I cannot answer most of your questions except that you do not need a Y cable. The standard USB works perfectly. My car did not come with a cable; however my wife's new MINI S that we picked up last weekend did. We plan to test the audio quality of the Y cable vs USB this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #3
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeee View Post
Hi all

New to this forum, have a new F30 330d M-Sport arriving in September...

It is a UK car with Business Media (Nav), HK audio and standard (ie not enhanced) Bluetooth.

All questions regarding iPhone compatibility, album artwork etc on this forum seem to relate to the Pro Media. Can anyone explain what features I will get with the Business Media spec and an iPhone 4? Will I need the Y-cable, and does this come included with the car? Will artwork appear on the screen?

Many Thanks
Mikey
Not having the Enhanced Bluetooth limits you to the Y cable, which means basic iPod compatibility -no BMW Apps, no Album Art, no Bluetooth Audio.

It is my understanding that in Europe you must buy the OEM Y cable, it is not included with your car. You should ask your selling dealer, maybe they just give it to you for free...
Appreciate 0