E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Where to get ZAINO in New Jersey???

10-08-2007, 06:42 PM   #1
mike fab
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335 Coupe (sold)

Where to get ZAINO in New Jersey???

Does anyone know?

I placed an order with Pakshak and they informed me that I can't get any of the ZAINO products I ordered because I am in New Jersey. Hmmmm. Then I went to the Zaino web site. Turns out, you can order direct from them if you live in the "47 contiguous states". Huh? There are 48. Well, if you keep reading they don't ship to New Jersey.

So, what to do? Does anyone know where to buy the product? I emailed them now 3x without a response to what I believe is a pretty simple question ("I would like to buy your product, can you tell me how?")...

Thanks!

Also, anyone know where to get Raggtop? Seems Pakshak can't ship that either.

Last edited by mike fab; 10-08-2007 at 06:45 PM.. Reason: I can't spell and my gramar is pretty bad too.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2007, 06:47 PM   #2
hotrod2448
grand poobah
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F10 535i

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Try calling them. They are in Howell, how far is that from you?

If that doesn't work try calling this guy. I've ordered from him in the past. His name is Steve Treece.
http://www.zainocharlotte.com/
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2007, 06:48 PM   #3
sinnet112
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E89 Z4

Garage List
Here -

Other Shipping

For those customers not in 47 contiguous states, our online store is not presently able to service you. We're sorry for the inconvenience at this time. We've established the following independent distributors for more efficient service. If you're not in the 47 states, please choose the following option most convenient for you.

New Jersey customers:
Please email: newjersey@zainobros.com

I ordered through a man named Carl. Emailing them always worked for me, don't know why it hasn't for you

Z4 sdrive30i | Deep Sea Blue | Ivory White Nappa Extended Leather | ZSP
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #4
mike fab
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnet112 View Post
Here -

Other Shipping

For those customers not in 47 contiguous states, our online store is not presently able to service you. We're sorry for the inconvenience at this time. We've established the following independent distributors for more efficient service. If you're not in the 47 states, please choose the following option most convenient for you.

New Jersey customers:

I ordered through a man named Carl. Emailing them always worked for me, don't know why it hasn't for you

Thanks for you reply. Howell is a pretty good ways away (maybe 1.5 hours) or I would drive down there.

I've sent them 3 emails already. Two of them to that address above & I copied "Sal" on another one. I'm sure they sent my email to one of their local mom & pop distributors & they simply haven't bothered to contact me yet.

It shouldn't be that tough to place an order...
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2007, 07:16 PM   #5
Sea2Ski
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 i SG, 6MT, CWP, BT, NAVI

If they (zaino) were smart, they would go to the big meet happening this Sunday in NJ. I bet they would get a ton of sales there!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2007, 07:28 PM   #6
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

Howell is the only one i could think of I was confused when i walked in there since its mainly a bike shop.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 08:30 AM   #7
MyE92
El Presidente
United_States
Rep
Drives: your mom wild.

How long did it take to get a response back from Zaino customer service?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 08:43 AM   #8
mike fab
Private First Class
Rep

They still haven't responded. Its been over a week since my first email. I've emailed them already several times and have yet to hear back. I have also emailed to the various accounts listed on their web site (Sal, newjersey@zainobros.com, etc.). No reponse at all. My wife sent one as well.

If I don't hear from Zaino by end of day today, I will be selecting a different product to purchase. Its just ridiculus that they don't make it easy to buy from them if you live in New Jersey. I guess its another perk of living in the garden state...
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 10:08 AM   #9
mike fab
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnet112 View Post
New Jersey customers:

OK, here is the answer to my original question. I hope this helps someone down the line in New Jersey place an order for Zaino.

The current Zaino distributor is a fellow named "Carl". Here is the link to the web site:

http://www.hcvind.com/

I had to call Zaino several times this morning. Finally someone answered & gave me a link to the distributor. There is a Pennsylvania based company that distributes Zaino in NJ. I still never got an email reply from newjersey@zainobros.com -- this does make me a bit nervous because it seem obvious now that that email address goes directly to the distributor.

I have not spoken to Carl. I just placed on order via the site following the instructions (yes, I can actually do that).

You have to fill out the order form by hand. I sent a PayPal Payment to him for payment (instead of a personal check). I indicated the products & prices in the notes field.

That is not exactly a "normal" buying experience, but truthfully, it took all of 5 minutes to accomplish once I understood the process.

I'll respond back once the order is processed & I get my product. I did a quick google search on the company and I see they are sponsors on other car forums -- that makes me think this should/will end up fine.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 08:13 PM   #10
mike fab
Private First Class
Rep

I got my Zaino! I placed an order yesterday. I got an email confirmation that my order was recieved within an hour. An inbound phone call confirmed my order shipped 2 hours after that. Also got an email with UPS tracking information. Total time from order to receipt of goods was 30 hours...
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 08:52 PM   #11
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

sweet..thanks for info
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 12:34 AM   #12
MelF1fan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 325i SP

I've always received great service and fast shipping response when ordering from Carl @ http://www.hcvind.com/. Rarely ever takes more than a day to receive my order to NJ. Hope you enjoy your Zaino and post pics of your detail if you can.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2007, 06:07 PM   #13
mike fab
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg031 View Post
I've always received great service and fast shipping response when ordering from Carl @ http://www.hcvind.com/. Rarely ever takes more than a day to receive my order to NJ. Hope you enjoy your Zaino and post pics of your detail if you can.

I wish you told me that sooner! Might have saved me a week's frustration. Anyway, at least the next person will have an easier time, well, if they actually use the search button...

I ended up doing the following:
- Wash with Dawn
- Clay
- With with Zaino Wash
- ZPC Polish with a white pad on my buffer
- Z5 w/accelerator applied by hand
- Z6 after buffing off Z5 with microfibre towel
- 2nd coat of Z5
- Z6 after buffing off second coat
- Z2

Nice results. There are no swirls or spiderwebs at all in the Metallic Black paint now. Paint feels incredibly smooth -- almost like wax paper. My daughter said "wow daddy, its like a mirror".

Definitely worth the effort. The picture doesn't capture it, but here it is anyway:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-18-2007, 11:17 AM   #14
MyE92
El Presidente
United_States
Rep
Drives: your mom wild.

How much did you end up paying? Because I don't see any prices on the site...
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2007, 09:47 AM   #15
mike fab
Private First Class
Rep

Yep, you need to go to the Zaino site & do the math yourself. Then you add their shipping/handling fee. Then you go to Pay-Pal and send them a payment. List the specific items you want in the Pay-Pal notes with your shipping address. Like I said, not exactly "normal", but easy enough.

I just posted a better picture of my Black in this thread:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90633
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2007, 10:23 AM   #16
sapperelite
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335XI, 03 Wrangler Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike fab View Post
Thanks for you reply. Howell is a pretty good ways away (maybe 1.5 hours) or I would drive down there.

I've sent them 3 emails already. Two of them to that address above & I copied "Sal" on another one. I'm sure they sent my email to one of their local mom & pop distributors & they simply haven't bothered to contact me yet.

It shouldn't be that tough to place an order...
Don't feel too bad about not getting a response. I had trouble ordering from them about 6 months ago. After three or four emails I gave up. Still no response from Zaino to date... It's almost too bad they make such a good product because I wouldn't buy from them if it wasn't.
Appreciate 0