E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 125k miles Clutch goes while on Vacation

08-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
freshnezzz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 e90

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
125k miles Clutch goes while on Vacation

So i plan a nice trip to vegas, and i get there and i'm wow'd the flood of mustangs/camaros you usually see are replaced by sexy merc coups, sexy A5's and lots of tasteful beamers.

Then its happen, i'm speeding on the interstate and go to downshift and i can't get into any gear. the clutch petal is dead stiff. It was as if the car was off yet i'm going 85 in traffic. I safely maneuver over to see whats up because there are no fault lights on. Though the clutch is stiff if i push very hard car start but can't get it in any gear. but when car is off is slides into each gear easily. I google searched and most said clutch is gone and flywheel has no teeth which was the problem just bad timing.

Because forums said multiple time most clutch problem come from a bad install and i'm out of town i wanted it done right the first time. 2 days and $3500!! later i had car back. I can say for a while reverse and first was hard to shift to and that day earlier was very difficult. If you experience this now things as you can see will only get worse. Now my clutch is butter smooth! its nice, i still cringe when i downshift cause it gives me flash backs.