E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > HiFi upgrade question

08-21-2013, 12:41 AM   #1
reeltime
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

HiFi upgrade question

Now that I've finished modding cosmetics and performance on my car, I wanna get back into the audio. I have the stock HiFi system from MY2009 so I have 10 speakers and the HiFi amp. I had previously run a JL audio xd600/6 with technics harness (Thanks for the help with that btw) and everything sounded great. The amp was great however I didn't like running that much power to the stock speakers so I sold it and went back to stock.

Fast forward to now and I wanna upgrade the system again. I'm thinking of going the MS-8 route with technics harness of course and running the stock speakers off of that. I've read that it can make a dull system sound amazing so I wanna give it a shot. I couldn't really find the specs of the HiFi amp, but if I was to change the amp to the MS-8, would it be overpowering the stock speakers?

I honestly don't know whether the stock amp is more powerful than the MS-8s built in amp so some help would be more than appreciated!

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 06:27 AM   #2
kaigoss69
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

You can do a direct swap and others have reported that it sounds very good. I did it with L7 speakers and it did sound excellent. The MS-8 has adequate power for the stock mids and tweets, but it falls a bit short on the underseats. It definitely does not have the ability to overpower speakers, but it still gets loud enough for most people.
      08-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #3
reeltime
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69
You can do a direct swap and others have reported that it sounds very good. I did it with L7 speakers and it did sound excellent. The MS-8 has adequate power for the stock mids and tweets, but it falls a bit short on the underseats. It definitely does not have the ability to overpower speakers, but it still gets loud enough for most people.
Do you know if it would get as loud as the stock amp?

Appreciate 0