E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > How to remove the radio (no Idrive)

12-06-2005, 02:31 AM   #1
12Esc
Rep
Drives: 320d Touring sg

How to remove the radio (no Idrive)

Hi,

because i want to check whether a cable I received from parrot (for my bluetooth carkit) is the right one, I would like to remove my radio/cd. Anyone knows how to do that? I've read about removing the trim on the dashboard, but my radio is below the matt grey trim.
I drive a 320d with no idrive and standard business cd radio.

Thanks,
Maurice.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2005, 07:44 AM   #2
Tierfreund
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Esc
Hi,

because i want to check whether a cable I received from parrot (for my bluetooth carkit) is the right one, I would like to remove my radio/cd. Anyone knows how to do that? I've read about removing the trim on the dashboard, but my radio is below the matt grey trim.
I drive a 320d with no idrive and standard business cd radio.

Thanks,
Maurice.
SEARCH. Itīs been discussed at least 3 times on this board alone.
      12-06-2005, 06:33 PM   #3
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Is it a good idea to try something so risky? Can you not speak to the dealer and ask for a definitive answer? I personally would not be doing anything like that to my car. However, if you are in fact technically competent, I wish you well.

Cheers
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 02:37 AM   #4
12Esc
Rep
Drives: 320d Touring sg

Thanks, i found instructions here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8215

I tried searching the forum before, but couldn't find this info.
As for why not having the dealer do this: they already tried, but told me the parrot could not be connected. I found out that another e90 driver however has exactly the same carkit connected to the stereo. I ordered the cable that is needed and now hope to prove the dealer wrong.
Appreciate 0