F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Remember EcoPro/Comfort/Sport & boot/trunk opening
GetBMWParts

08-09-2013, 05:47 AM   #1
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Remember EcoPro/Comfort/Sport & boot/trunk opening

I check every now and again but has anyone managed to crack the 'remember last setting' for EcoPro, Comfort and Sport/Sport+ yet? I've done it for the ASS but remembering which drive mode I was in would be the icing on the cake. I know this is asked fairly frequently but I thought one more time wouldn't hurt.

Another setting I'd like, opening just the boot/trunk with the button on the key fob. Currently pressing that pops the boot/trunk and unlocks all the doors. I'd like to limit it to just the boot/trunk. I guess the alarm would have to be disabled (partially?) temporarily too like on other brands that have this function.

Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 06:28 AM   #2
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep

I guess that's a no on both counts then?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #3
JesseS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 3/15 DA-2

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
I guess that's a no on both counts then?
I don't know for sure, but I suspect setting a default of Sport/Sport+ is not possible.

Why? Because there's a boolean (true/false) setting for ECO Pro as the default. If it's set, you get ECO Pro at start up. If not, you get Comfort.

Given that particular option, there isn't a very logical way you could have other modes selectable as defaults. You can't have two or more boolean settings for the same function without mutual exclusion.

Now, I'm just extrapolating here, I don't actually know that it's impossible yet. It just doesn't look promising.

Last edited by JesseS; 08-10-2013 at 10:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 04:46 AM   #4
Mr NSB
Captain
Rep
Drives: 420d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
Another setting I'd like, opening just the boot/trunk with the button on the key fob. Currently pressing that pops the boot/trunk and unlocks all the doors. I'd like to limit it to just the boot/trunk. I guess the alarm would have to be disabled (partially?) temporarily too like on other brands that have this function.

Anyone?
I would like this function as well as I often go to the boot when my car is locked. I had this function on several of my previous cars and always found it useful.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 03:45 AM   #5
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for the replies.

Just Googling the whole boolean thing
Appreciate 0