E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Behind gauge cluster rattle.

07-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
yomny
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335is 6spd

Behind gauge cluster rattle.

I know these sort of topics have been beaten to death. My question is if its worth taking to the dealer to look at or just deal with it. The car is a '13 335is with about 800 miles on it. While not every single bump on the road causes this a good amount of them cause a plastic rattle. The noise is coming from behind the gauge cluster area, between the A pillar and the cluster. This is extremely annoying as the car is brand new and this is the only noise it has, it is very distinctive. Im just wondering if these noises have an actual fix or is the dealer just going to snoop around, remove a couple of things, possibly screw other up in the process and pretend to fix it? Thanks for your patience, i know these "odd noises" topics aren't new to the bmw community.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #2
yomny
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335is 6spd

took it to the dealer and they got it fixed. Apparently something was a bit loose from the manufacturer.
Appreciate 0