E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Dealer Scratches

09-18-2007, 11:23 AM   #1
ECBMW
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Metallic Grey M Sport

Dealer Scratches

Ill be picking up my car in a couple of days or so. Reading some threads it seems that dealers can leave some scratches or damage of paint work especially after they wash it - other than looking at the paint work in sunlight any other tricks i could play with them to ensure the car is in a glaze/swirl free?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 11:33 AM   #2
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECBMW View Post
Ill be picking up my car in a couple of days or so. Reading some threads it seems that dealers can leave some scratches or damage of paint work especially after they wash it - other than looking at the paint work in sunlight any other tricks i could play with them to ensure the car is in a glaze/swirl free?

Thanks
That's about it unfortunately. The swirl marks are almost inevitable because the dealers aren't detailers - they'll just valet the car and give it a polish. Check carefully for minute door dents and marks from other cars opening doors into it. Also, the wheelarches are ever so slightly soft, so check the edges of the wheelarches to make sure there are no dings.

Otherwise, you'll be fine! Enjoy
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 11:57 AM   #3
ROCKETRON
320D M-sport le-mans blue
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 320D M-Sport le-mans blue

If its not sunny you will need a powerfull halogen lamp to see the swirls but you will be unlikely to have one when you pick it up. At the first bright day though you will probably see some rotary swirls done by inexpert use of the rotary polisher , particularly if you have gone for one of those paint treatments.

E90 320D M-Sport Lemans blue/beige leather/wood/auto/lumbar support/folding mirrors/through load/bluetooth/pro satnav,i-drive/voice control. NOW SOLD
Appreciate 0