E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > OT - Personal Number Plates?

View Poll Results: Personal Plates?
No Way 2 11.76%
Yes - Initials 12 70.59%
Yes - Type of car incorporated 2 11.76%
Yes - Try to make it spell a name or a word 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

09-18-2007, 02:43 AM   #1
Bumps
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 320i M Sport

Garage List
OT - Personal Number Plates?

I quite like the idea of a fairly discreet one with my initials in it (and they're relatively cheap), but personally not such a fan of the ones that have the type of car in the reg (plenty of X5s, and more than a few Audi TTs have this) eg X5 XXX, Y3 ATT etc. I think that's why the car has a badge!

Also I'm not mad on the ones that people try to space differently or are attempts to spell something, or that they put different coloured screw covers over to try and make say something that isn't there. Can't be bothered to disguise the age of the car - people in the know will know anyway, just think the initials option will look good, and discreet.

Your thoughts?

Last edited by Bumps; 09-18-2007 at 02:53 AM.. Reason: Better safe than sorry and poor spelling.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 03:46 AM   #2
red355
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: RS4 Avant V8

Garage List
i just change my surname name by deedpoll to match the new plate only costs £14.99 everyone knows me by a forum name so it don't really matter these dayz
ex Mr LB02LRB
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 03:53 AM   #3
Bumps
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 320i M Sport

Garage List
Damn, wish I had thought of that! That's a money saving tip for Viz Magazine's Top Tips section I think.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 03:53 AM   #4
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

I have one - which hasn't been moved onto this car yet, is currently on retention.

My surname is Shepherd, was always known as sheps at school and that name has kind of stuck.

At a DVLA auction about 5 years ago I managed to get S11EPS which (for me) is perfect. I'm not going to say how much I paid because you lot will probably think I am mad paying that much for a plate which, to most people, appears as nothing special at all, but suffice to say it wasn't exactly a £295 special.

That was it on my (very dirty) impreza

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 04:02 AM   #5
red355
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: RS4 Avant V8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheps View Post
I have one - which hasn't been moved onto this car yet, is currently on retention.

My surname is Shepherd, was always known as sheps at school and that name has kind of stuck.

At a DVLA auction about 5 years ago I managed to get S11EPS which (for me) is perfect. I'm not going to say how much I paid because you lot will probably think I am mad paying that much for a plate which, to most people, appears as nothing special at all, but suffice to say it wasn't exactly a £295 special.

That was it on my (very dirty) impreza
No just mad for driving a ugly subaru, glad you have seen the light and got a Beemer or indeed anything else.

Seriously we do have a private plate on our MINI which still looks to most almost new ..but its actually one of the very first MINI2 cooper s models made in June 02. Helps hide the age...keep trying to get her to have a new motor but she loves it. Helping the 997 fund swell I suppose.

Past¦E92 335D Evolved (but still dull) ¦ Boxster S ¦ E46 328!SE ¦ E36 325! coupe ¦ E30 325! sport ¦ MINI Cooper S
Appreciate 0