M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

05-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
shpritz
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Comp Cabriolet

How do I shuffle songs on iPod touch through iDrive?

Shuffle function on iPod?

Been scratching my head all weekend. I added my iPod touch and can't for the life of me figure out how to just set it to shuffle all the songs through the iDrive interface. I am sure it is very simple but I can't seem to see the forest thru the trees.....

Do you have to set shuffle each time you start the car or does the system remember your last settings. My Audi required you to reset each time you started the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #2
DMC126
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 M5/2013 M5 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpritz View Post
Shuffle function on iPod?

Been scratching my head all weekend. I added my iPod touch and can't for the life of me figure out how to just set it to shuffle all the songs through the iDrive interface. I am sure it is very simple but I can't seem to see the forest thru the trees.....

Do you have to set shuffle each time you start the car or does the system remember your last settings. My Audi required you to reset each time you started the car.
This procedure works for the iPod Classic 160GB. With the iPod playing, select the Options button on the iDrive panel, scroll down and under Multimedia, check the Random box. The system will play the contents of the iPod randomly until you deselect the option or disconnect the iPod.
Appreciate 0