E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Saturday 9/29 Columbia County Oktoberfest BMW Car Show

09-13-2007, 05:25 PM   #1
Ty Vil
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M4

Saturday 9/29 Columbia County Oktoberfest BMW Car Show

The ACA guys are going on a drive starting at noon. Personally I think the show is what's worth attending and will be skipping the drive (and I have to work that morning.)

Rasmussen BMW is proud to be sponsoring this again. Reposting the following from an email I got. It has all the important info and if you have any questions I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

Hello Club Members,

Event announcement:

4th Annual Columbia County Oktoberfest in St. Helens

Saturday, 9/29/07

Following three successful years, the BMW Club is returning to the 4th Annual Columbia County Oktoberfest BMW car show. Rasmussen BMW is a sponsor of this fun event and will supply trophies for the car show. All Club members are invited to display their cars in five categories that will include all types and conditions of BMW's. We always enjoy showing our cars and talking to people about why BMW's are so special. Once again, we are inviting the BMW Motorcycle Club to participate.

The day will start with lunch at the McMenamin's Grand Lodge in Forest Grove at noon. After lunch, we will depart on a driving event through the west hills ending at the Columbia County Fairgrounds at approximately 3:00. We have a special section reserved for us next to the entrance of the Fairgrounds. After a little cleanup, our cars will be ready for display. If you choose, you can participate in the judging event. Rasmussen will provide door prizes for all and trophies for the judged cars and motorcycles. Classes will include:

- Best in Show, 1st & 2nd Place

- Most Customized BMW

- Best Classic pre-1980 BMW

- Most "Restoration Ready" BMW

- Best Detailed BMW

- Best BMW Motorcycle

- Best Potential Member Car

If you don't want to prepare your car for judging, just give it a wash and drive on out!

With free admission to Oktoberfest, you will enjoy some great food, listen to musicians, such as Those Darn Accordions, visit craft vendor booths, and have the opportunity to enjoy many different types of German beer and wine. You can even watch a tractor show, and enjoy other "fun-filled" activities. Sounds like a fun BMW event!

Our goal is to have at least 60 cars and motorcycles attend this event. If you want to register or need more information, send a message to Brian Cone at bcone@bmwacaportland.com. Hope to see you there!

Brian Cone
BMW ACA Club Secretary
PDX MINI Club Driving Events Coordinator
Willamette-Columbia Chapter President-ACHMM
Appreciate 0