F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Coding newbie : a few questions
GetBMWParts

05-03-2013, 03:15 AM   #1
nicoverca
Rep
Drives: F30 320d

Coding newbie : a few questions

Hi all,

Let me introduce myself first, i'm a Belgian, currently driving a C200 (bah, don't like it anymore)

I've been almost "living" on this forum since i ordered my new F30, sapphire Black. (And wow you guys are all pro's when it comes to coding )

I've got the options (specific for multimedia etc..)

6NH
609 PRO NAVI (so that would mean that i have the COMBOX right? )
6AB BMW TeleServices (no idea what it is)
6WA

I'm looking for two specific things to code, and since i'm new i don't know if it is possible and i do not find the exact statement saying it is possible.

1) Can i enable Internet on my iDrive
2) Can i enable BMW Apps on my iDrive
3) Can i control spotify / play spotify with USB if i code to advanced bluetooth?

One post says you can, the other says you can't .. i don't know anymore

Last but not least.. if i enable VIM, will the navigation still work? (with my current C-Class, it stops working since it has something to do with a velocity meter being overruled)

I thank you very much.. and looking forward to contribute!

Best regards,

Nicolas
      05-03-2013, 07:02 AM   #2
ramonE90-NL
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: bmw F30 320iA

If you code the advanced bluetooth then you should be able to use spotify with bluetooth.

Coded bluetooth ahould be the same as the factory bluetooth.

Ramon (Nederland)
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 07:30 AM   #3
nicoverca
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonE90-NL View Post
If you code the advanced bluetooth then you should be able to use spotify with bluetooth.

Coded bluetooth ahould be the same as the factory bluetooth.

Ramon (Nederland)
Hi Ramon,

Thank you for the update.
Can you play spotify trough USB?
      05-04-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
ramonE90-NL
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: bmw F30 320iA

Yes i can, sometimes with album art and song info and somtemes without....

But it always plays spotify
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2013, 11:05 PM   #5
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
1) On the F10, it is possible to code Internet / BMW Live with 6VC Combox and 609 Nav by disabling BMW Assist and using a fake VIN with factory 614 Internet written to Combox, and then updating BMW Services. I detailed that process here:

Quote:
Change your VO as follows:

- 612 (or 633 or 639 if present)
+ 644
+ 614 (Required but already present)
+ 615
+ 6AL
+ 6AB

VO CODE HU_CIC
VO CODE CMB_MEDIA

FDL CODE CMB_MEDIA:
- TELEMATIK_VIN = Coding_VIN

FDL CODE CMB_MEDIA:
Use modified VO with VIN that has factory options 614 and 615 as explained in my earlier Post:

Quote:
For writing a VIN to the Combox in E-Sys, I figured that out, and it is very simple:

So simple in fact, that I am mad I spent so much damn time in Tool32, CMEDIA.prg and E-Sys trying to figure it out.

First you must code CMB_MEDIA / TELEMATIK_VIN = Coding VIN using your real FA VIN. Then, open your FA up in the FA-Editor, change the VIN, Caluclate FP just to make sure there are no problems with it, and then save the FA with a new name, i.e. FA_VIN_FAKE. Lastly, go to the coding module, and under Vehicle Order load your new FA_VIN_FAKE, activate FA, and then FDL code CMB_MEDIA. Lastly, read CMB_MEDIA coding data, and verify the new VIN in brackets. In the attached picture, you can see my Combox and Head Unit are showing two different VIN's.

Afterwards, either shut down E-Sys, or load your original FA back and activate it before coding anything else. DO NOT code anything else with this FA, and DO NOT write this FA to the car.

For Internet and BMW Live to work, you need a VIN with factory options 614 and 615.

*** Use only to FDL Code CMB_MEDIA; DO NOT write this FA to the Car

1) Enable Data Transfer Option Under Phone
2) Enable Bluetooth Data Tethering on Phone
3) Under Connected drive; Update services (should show BMW Live and Internet services)
4) Go to BMW Live and Internet and make sure it it working

After it is working:
Use original VO with car VIN:
FDL CODE CMB_MEDIA:
- TELEMATIK_VIN = MOST_VIN

Read CMB_MEDIA and verify Short VIN in brackets [xxxxxxx] is car VIN.

DO NOT update services again or you will loose BMW Live and Internet.

*** If you do not return the Combox VIN to car VIN, you will encounter problems with future dealer programming, as the Combox will not be recognized, and programming will hault.
That said, I have yet to see anyone get it to work in an F30. I have no idea why though.

2) As for 6NR BMW Apps, you have the needed 6VC Combox, and 609 Nav but you need to buy a 9C FSC Code and Import and Activate it in the CIC head unit. This will get you the Apps and Music Streaming. I have done this in my car. If you also want the iPod Out GUI and Video though, then you also need additional hardware. You would need to either retrofit 6NF Base Plate, and run FBAS video line from it to the CIC, or you could replace the factory 6FL USB Aux-In Port with the USB AV-In port from the Mini Cooper, and run the FBAS Line from it to the CIC.

3) Change VO from 6NH to 6NK, and VO Code Head Unit and Combox.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 08:32 AM   #6
ilhan1103
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f30 318 2012

Garage List
2012 318D  [0.00]
Nico

Any luck yet? Contact me if you need help (be prepared to drive to de limburg with fries )
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #7
nicoverca
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilhan1103 View Post
Nico

Any luck yet? Contact me if you need help (be prepared to drive to de limburg with fries )
Haha

First of all : i'm addicted to fries, so you can count on it!
2nd of all : i have to wait until july to do some coding.. doing research at the moment so i don't waste any time when i actually get my car

I will send you a PM so we can keep in touch!
      05-14-2013, 08:58 AM   #8
mdejongh74
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 540i G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
1) On the F10, it is possible to code Internet / BMW Live with 6VC Combox and 609 Nav by disabling BMW Assist and using a fake VIN with factory 614 Internet written to Combox, and then updating BMW Services. I detailed that process here:

That said, I have yet to see anyone get it to work in an F30. I have no idea why though.

2) As for 6NR BMW Apps, you have the needed 6VC Combox, and 609 Nav but you need to buy a 9C FSC Code and Import and Activate it in the CIC head unit. This will get you the Apps and Music Streaming. I have done this in my car. If you also want the iPod Out GUI and Video though, then you also need additional hardware. You would need to either retrofit 6NF Base Plate, and run FBAS video line from it to the CIC, or you could replace the factory 6FL USB Aux-In Port with the USB AV-In port from the Mini Cooper, and run the FBAS Line from it to the CIC.

3) Change VO from 6NH to 6NK, and VO Code Head Unit and Combox.
Hello shawnsheridan,

Tried to change the VIN as apecified above on my F30 but every time get stuk when coding FDL code CMB_MEDIA using the new VIN.
I'm getting the below error:

Caf's suchen
Tal wird generiert
Abarbeitung wird gestartet

TAL execution started. [C205]
ExecutionID=2013/05/14-15:36:39.709
[] prepareTALExecution started
[] prepareTALExecution finished
[] prepareVehicleForCoding started
[] prepareVehicleForCoding finished
[CMB_MEDIA - 36] prepareECUforCoding started
[CMB_MEDIA - 36] prepareECUforCoding finished
[CMB_MEDIA - 36] authenticateECUforCoding started
[CMB_MEDIA - 36] authenticateECUforCoding finished
[CMB_MEDIA - 36 - cafd_000005b6-004_002_010] Transaction type: cdDeploy; Message: TA started
[CMB_MEDIA - 36 - cafd_000005b6-004_002_010] Transaction type: cdDeploy; Message: TA finished
[CMB_MEDIA - 36] finalizeECUCoding started
MCDDiagService<id=80649, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.uds.MCD3_FinalizeECUCoding, service=WDBI_CPS - WriteDataByIdentifier Codierpruefstempel, description=error: negative response : requestOutOfRange, link=CMB_MEDIA_36_ETHERNET>
[CMB_MEDIA - 36] finalizeECUCoding error
[Exception - CMB_MEDIA - 36] job failed with negative response error:
code: service returned global negative response
description: Service WDBI_CPS returned a negative response with response code requestOutOfRange; ECU: CMB_MEDIA_36_ETHERNET
severity: ERROR

[] finalizeVehicleCoding started
[] finalizeVehicleCoding finished
[] finalizeTALExecution started
[] finalizeTALExecution finished
TAL execution finished
TAL-Execution finished with status: "FinishedWithErrorInTransaction". [C207]
TAL execution finished. Duration: "8s". [C206]
Abarbeitung beendet

Transaktions-Report: Aktion: Codieren

CMB_MEDIA [36]
cdDeploy ProcessedWithError
cafd_000005b6-004_002_010 Processed

Any idea what is going wrong and how to fix?
Used a VIN that has 6NL, 612, 613 and 614 as options.

Additionally BMW Internet shows a error "Not supported in this Country" BMW live is currently showing a "Page load error"message.

Will try again tommorow.
M Thanks,
Martin
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #9
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdejongh74 View Post
Hello shawnsheridan,

Tried to change the VIN as apecified above on my F30 but every time get stuk when coding FDL code CMB_MEDIA using the new VIN.
I'm getting the below error:

Caf's suchen
Tal wird generiert
Abarbeitung wird gestartet

TAL execution started. [C205]
ExecutionID=2013/05/14-15:36:39.709
[] prepareTALExecution started
[] prepareTALExecution finished
[] prepareVehicleForCoding started
[] prepareVehicleForCoding finished
[CMB_MEDIA - 36] prepareECUforCoding started
[CMB_MEDIA - 36] prepareECUforCoding finished
[CMB_MEDIA - 36] authenticateECUforCoding started
[CMB_MEDIA - 36] authenticateECUforCoding finished
[CMB_MEDIA - 36 - cafd_000005b6-004_002_010] Transaction type: cdDeploy; Message: TA started
[CMB_MEDIA - 36 - cafd_000005b6-004_002_010] Transaction type: cdDeploy; Message: TA finished
[CMB_MEDIA - 36] finalizeECUCoding started
MCDDiagService<id=80649, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.uds.MCD3_FinalizeECUCoding, service=WDBI_CPS - WriteDataByIdentifier Codierpruefstempel, description=error: negative response : requestOutOfRange, link=CMB_MEDIA_36_ETHERNET>
[CMB_MEDIA - 36] finalizeECUCoding error
[Exception - CMB_MEDIA - 36] job failed with negative response error:
code: service returned global negative response
description: Service WDBI_CPS returned a negative response with response code requestOutOfRange; ECU: CMB_MEDIA_36_ETHERNET
severity: ERROR

[] finalizeVehicleCoding started
[] finalizeVehicleCoding finished
[] finalizeTALExecution started
[] finalizeTALExecution finished
TAL execution finished
TAL-Execution finished with status: "FinishedWithErrorInTransaction". [C207]
TAL execution finished. Duration: "8s". [C206]
Abarbeitung beendet

Transaktions-Report: Aktion: Codieren

CMB_MEDIA [36]
cdDeploy ProcessedWithError
cafd_000005b6-004_002_010 Processed

Any idea what is going wrong and how to fix?
Used a VIN that has 6NL, 612, 613 and 614 as options.

Additionally BMW Internet shows a error "Not supported in this Country" BMW live is currently showing a "Page load error"message.

Will try again tommorow.
M Thanks,
Martin
Fake VIN aside, are you able to FDL Code CMB_MEDIA normally?

This error looks like the standard error when using new PSdZdata versions with old version of E-Sys 3.18.4.

What versions of E-Sys and PSdZData are you using?

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #10
mdejongh74
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 540i G30

Quote:
Fake VIN aside, are you able to FDL Code CMB_MEDIA normally?

This error looks like the standard error when using new PSdZdata versions with old version of E-Sys 3.18.4.

What versions of E-Sys and PSdZData are you using?

FAKE_VIN used (googled):XXXXXXXXXXJ271341
Are you able to FDL Code CMB_MEDIA normally? Yes
What versions of E-Sys and PSdZData are you using? E-Sys:v3.22.5 ; PSdZData:v49.2
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 07:20 PM   #11
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdejongh74 View Post
FAKE_VIN used (googled):XXXXXXXXXXJ271341
Are you able to FDL Code CMB_MEDIA normally? Yes
What versions of E-Sys and PSdZData are you using? E-Sys:v3.22.5 ; PSdZData:v49.2
And you followed these exact steps as I wrote here?

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=45

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 05:57 AM   #12
F10530dmsport
Rep
Drives: F10 530dmsport

Im also looking to get the 'Internet' option working.

Iv managed to get it to show HU_CIC
3003 > ONLINE_BROWSER = beide_aktiv
but get the mesg - it is unavailable in my country and there are other services available.

have the following - F10 530D 10/10
609_NAVIGATION_SYSTEM_PROFESSIONAL
612_BMWASSIST
616_BMWONLINE
6AA_BMW_TELESERVICES
6VC_CONTROL_COMBOX

Im not to confident or sure how to do this VO change as per 'shawn's response'

is there a more step by step process please.

much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 09:10 AM   #13
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F10530dmsport View Post
Im also looking to get the 'Internet' option working.

Iv managed to get it to show HU_CIC
3003 > ONLINE_BROWSER = beide_aktiv
but get the mesg - it is unavailable in my country and there are other services available.

have the following - F10 530D 10/10
609_NAVIGATION_SYSTEM_PROFESSIONAL
612_BMWASSIST
616_BMWONLINE
6AA_BMW_TELESERVICES
6VC_CONTROL_COMBOX

Im not to confident or sure how to do this VO change as per 'shawn's response'

is there a more step by step process please.

much appreciated!
How to change FA (VO) in F-series car:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/attach...4&d=1338274757

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2015, 01:23 PM   #14
LaserDizzle
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i xDrive Sportline

Hi Shawn,

I followed your instructions above to activate on an early 2013 328i F30, along with some info I've found elsewhere. My iDrive doesn't give me the option of selecting "data transfer" under bluetooth settings unless I set

CMB_MEDIA
SIM_ENABLED_MB > Csim

as well as the

PAN and DUN to aktiv in both the HU_CIC and the CMB_MEDIA

Doing that, combined with most of your steps, I get to the "update Services" step. Update services is greyed out and unselectable. Everything looks like it should work. However, my iPhone never indicated a connection to the hotspot.I say most of your steps because I couldn't add 644 to my VO and I had no 612, 633, 639 to remove. I did find a vin with 614 authorized, and was able to code that vin to the cmb_media but that however doesn't seem to be the issue.

I checked with my computer and the phone hotspot does work via bluetooth.

If I try BMW Live or Internet I just get a message that say "Please activate data on your bluetooth device..." It's apparent that the vehicle is not attempting to connect via bluetooth even though the option is checked for the phone.

It feels like I'm very close, but I can't get past this hurdle. Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 03:34 AM   #15
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserDizzle View Post
Hi Shawn,

I followed your instructions above to activate on an early 2013 328i F30, along with some info I've found elsewhere. My iDrive doesn't give me the option of selecting "data transfer" under bluetooth settings unless I set

CMB_MEDIA
SIM_ENABLED_MB > Csim

as well as the

PAN and DUN to aktiv in both the HU_CIC and the CMB_MEDIA

Doing that, combined with most of your steps, I get to the "update Services" step. Update services is greyed out and unselectable. Everything looks like it should work. However, my iPhone never indicated a connection to the hotspot.I say most of your steps because I couldn't add 644 to my VO and I had no 612, 633, 639 to remove. I did find a vin with 614 authorized, and was able to code that vin to the cmb_media but that however doesn't seem to be the issue.

I checked with my computer and the phone hotspot does work via bluetooth.

If I try BMW Live or Internet I just get a message that say "Please activate data on your bluetooth device..." It's apparent that the vehicle is not attempting to connect via bluetooth even though the option is checked for the phone.

It feels like I'm very close, but I can't get past this hurdle. Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance!
Did you guys get any further? i am in the exact same boat as you. i can now add data connection to iphone 6 bluetooth. i see update services but its grey. Anytime i try to use services that require tethering it says 'please enable data.....".I do not see a connection to iPhone for internet use. When i do this with my laptop, the hotspot blue tool bar is visible showing the use of connection by my laptop. It's like the car isn't really utilizing the option even though I've checked the boxes in iDrive.
      03-06-2016, 08:22 AM   #16
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserDizzle View Post
...It feels like I'm very close, but I can't get past this hurdle. Any help would be great!...
I have no idea really. I coded BMW Live / Internet in my car 3-1/2 years ago, and 2 days later, I returned to original coding as frankly, both BMW Live / Internet are completely worthless for multiple reasons, and I have never coded it since. It's a Novelty at best, with no real practical use.

That said, you should not be having to FDL Code SIM_ENABLED_MB. For this to work, Telematics needs to be completely disabled, as the Head Unit can only be configured to use either Car SIM or Phone SIM, but not both. This is accomplished via the Bluetooth Option Code and VO Coding. You do not have 644 as you probably have 6NL, in which case you should try same process as me, but using 6NK instead of 644.

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 10:49 AM   #17
jalami
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30

Quote:
I have no idea really. I coded BMW Live / Internet in my car 3-1/2 years ago, and 2 days later, I returned to original coding as frankly, both BMW Live / Internet are completely worthless for multiple reasons, and I have never coded it since. It's a Novelty at best, with no real practical use.

That said, you should not be having to FDL Code SIM_ENABLED_MB. For this to work, Telematics needs to be completely disabled, as the Head Unit can only be configured to use either Car SIM or Phone SIM, but not both. This is accomplished via the Bluetooth Option Code and VO Coding. You do not have 644 as you probably have 6NL, in which case you should try same process as me, but using 6NK instead of 644.
Hi shawn.
not if you can help.
I took a year trying to modify 6AL ( bmw live). but that I do wrong..
you think I can make a Fakevin. My vin F329413.
in advance.thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 10:52 AM   #18
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalami View Post
Hi shawn.
not if you can help.
I took a year trying to modify 6AL ( bmw live). but that I do wrong..
you think I can make a Fakevin. My vin F329413.
in advance.thanks
You have 606 Business Nav, which in your car is likely ENTRYNAV Head Unit, and I have no idea if 6AL is even a valid Option for it.

Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 03:12 AM   #19
jalami
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30

Quote:
You have 606 Business Nav, which in your car is likely ENTRYNAV Head Unit, and I have no idea if 6AL is even a valid Option for it.
I can make a fakevin without emulator??
Thanks shawn.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 07:02 AM   #20
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalami View Post
I can make a fakevin without emulator??
Thanks shawn.
Yes. Fake VIN is used only temporarily to Provision the car for the service, and then original VIN restored.

Appreciate 0