F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > M Performance Suspension
ARMA SPEED

04-22-2013, 10:21 PM   #1
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

M Performance Suspension

Hi all!

I believe there is an answer to my question somewhere in this forum but I can't seem to find it.

Shivaswrath feel free to chime in!

Basically I lowered my car on the H&R Sport Springs and have enjoyed it quite a bit. Awesome firm ride; just the way I like it.

However after getting the M Sport package, I feel like the front is just too low. I can't go over speed bumps now!

My question is two-fold. Coming from a Luxury Line and getting the H&R Sport Springs; how many mm's did my car get lowered by?

Now if I remove these springs and install the M Performance Suspension, how many mm's will my car be lowered by?

I know the H&R dropped my car nicely but I'm thinking whether the M Performance suspension will give me nearly that much of a drop with a little clearance from the front.

In reality, I'm trying to find out if my springs lowered my car by 30mm and the suspension will lower the car by 20mm, then I'm really increasing the car by 10mm. How much wheel gap does this equate to?

I love the look of the springs but I need a little clearance up front. I'm also thinking maybe I should go coil overs but they're also pretty low.

I hope I'm clear!
      04-23-2013, 08:48 AM   #2
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Anyone?
      04-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #3
ScarecrowBoat
Zooombie attaaack!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328

BMW m-sport will be higher than H&R. H&R should be about a 1-1.5" drop and I think the msport is around half of that.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #4
infinitigor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3C, 2010 E350

personally.. if i were you i would wait til the bilstein PSS10 comfort come to a retailer near you. perfect ride / comfort / height

doesn't it get expensive having to swap out springs, and align, wait for mechanic to finish. Such a headache!

Why dont you find pictures of m-sport body cars with the performance suspension on it, in my opinion its a very nice height, and would be 20mm lower than STOCK, 10mm lower than sport.

and would be probably be at least 20mm higher than your current setup
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #5
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
Hi all!

I believe there is an answer to my question somewhere in this forum but I can't seem to find it.

Shivaswrath feel free to chime in!

Basically I lowered my car on the H&R Sport Springs and have enjoyed it quite a bit. Awesome firm ride; just the way I like it.

However after getting the M Sport package, I feel like the front is just too low. I can't go over speed bumps now!

My question is two-fold. Coming from a Luxury Line and getting the H&R Sport Springs; how many mm's did my car get lowered by?

Now if I remove these springs and install the M Performance Suspension, how many mm's will my car be lowered by?

I know the H&R dropped my car nicely but I'm thinking whether the M Performance suspension will give me nearly that much of a drop with a little clearance from the front.

In reality, I'm trying to find out if my springs lowered my car by 30mm and the suspension will lower the car by 20mm, then I'm really increasing the car by 10mm. How much wheel gap does this equate to?

I love the look of the springs but I need a little clearance up front. I'm also thinking maybe I should go coil overs but they're also pretty low.

I hope I'm clear!
Lol just saw this...go with the M Perf Suspension, nicely buttoned together, and will give you a net 10mm drop over your M Sport Suspension...it'll be about .25 higher than the H&R.

It's a great daily driver height, H&R IMO is too low for the steep drives we have here in the Northeast.

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0