F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Stolen key fob, need advice
ARMA SPEED

04-01-2013, 02:01 AM   #1
Sabo
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F21 M140i

Stolen key fob, need advice

Stolen key fob
Hi everyone and Happy Eastern(not for me thought)
My bag got stolen at work during a wedding ceremony(I run functions) on Good Friday and on the top of my cards, driving licence, personal licence, £250 cash, house keys, bike keys my spare car key fob is gone which is the biggest blow of all as I just been told it cost just under £500 to replace with both re-programming and it doesn't include the lock change if I'm not very keen on anyway worrying about damaging the door panel or something else during the process. Has anyone had similar experience in UK and if so would you let me know please?!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 03:33 AM   #2
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e MSport

Sorry to hear the news. Had something similar happen to me.

Do you think the people who stole your stuff, know you or your car? If not I would leave the locks as they are and get a new fob and reprogramme.

Note dependant on your household insurance policy if you have personal cover, you may be covered for the cost...
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 03:57 AM   #3
jayakrishnanv
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340d

Garage List
You can get ur lost key disabled and get a new one programmes from the dealer if am correct at a time when the car is sold only two are registered into the car memory so that one lost can be replaced but check whether that mechanical key piece can override the transponder and unlock the car if so its a lock change
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 08:06 AM   #4
Isow
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saby View Post
Stolen key fob
Hi everyone and Happy Eastern(not for me thought)
My bag got stolen at work during a wedding ceremony(I run functions) on Good Friday and on the top of my cards, driving licence, personal licence, £250 cash, house keys, bike keys my spare car key fob is gone which is the biggest blow of all as I just been told it cost just under £500 to replace with both re-programming and it doesn't include the lock change if I'm not very keen on anyway worrying about damaging the door panel or something else during the process. Has anyone had similar experience in UK and if so would you let me know please?!
My house was burgled & I was out in my wife's car. House ransacked.
Both BMW fobs were taken, car stolen from garage but luckily the police found the car parked up nearby.
My car insurance has paid for new fobs, reprogramming and new door locks.
The good news is that the interior panels don't have to be removed to fit new lock barrels. It is done from outside the car.
How did the police open the car with both fobs missing, you may be asking yourself ?
I told the police about Connect Drive.
The police contacted BMW UK who in turn contacted BMW Germany, who then sent a signal to the car and the doors were opened.
I was lucky , no damage to the car & no rattles from the doors after new lock barrels fitted.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #5
ghettodefendant
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Sportline

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isow View Post
My house was burgled & I was out in my wife's car. House ransacked.
Both BMW fobs were taken, car stolen from garage but luckily the police found the car parked up nearby.
My car insurance has paid for new fobs, reprogramming and new door locks.
The good news is that the interior panels don't have to be removed to fit new lock barrels. It is done from outside the car.
How did the police open the car with both fobs missing, you may be asking yourself ?
I told the police about Connect Drive.
The police contacted BMW UK who in turn contacted BMW Germany, who then sent a signal to the car and the doors were opened.
I was lucky , no damage to the car & no rattles from the doors after new lock barrels fitted.
Signal sent from Germany to open the doors. THAT is why you buy a BMW!
Appreciate 0