E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > could be shortest ownership ever

08-26-2007, 04:02 PM   #1
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d MSpt

could be shortest ownership ever

....well my new E92 was in thu/fri this week for its delivery faults to be fixed and the dealer fixed 2 out of 6 of them.

most serious fault is a loud whistling sound coming from passeneger door / A-pillar driving above 65mph. will be taking the car back tomorrow to reject it, this is simply not good enough for a £41K car. there is more to this saga but i don't want to go into it yet.

at the moment i wish i had not made the change from my E60 m-sport
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2007, 04:07 PM   #2
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Sorry to hear that mate. I agree that faults on delivery (and so many of them) is clearly unacceptable. I hope you get them sorted as the E92 is an astonishing car...

All the best and hope it works out
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2007, 04:07 PM   #3
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
most serious fault is a loud whistling sound coming from passeneger door / A-pillar driving above 65mph. will be taking the car back tomorrow to reject it, this is simply not good enough for a £41K car. there is more to this saga but i don't want to go into it yet.
Yes heard about this fault on other E92's.Seems it's caused by a door seal & is easily rectified apparently.
Sorry to hear of your woes however, perhaps you could let us other expectant E92 owners your other concerns, when/if your problems/concerns are resolved.

Best of luck mate.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2007, 04:14 PM   #4
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Yes heard about this fault on other E92's.Seems it's caused by a door seal & is easily rectified apparently.
Sorry to hear of your woes however, perhaps you could let us other expectant E92 owners your other concerns, when/if your problems/concerns are resolved.

Best of luck mate.
do you have any details on the fix as the dealer had the car for 2 days and its no f---ing different, to make matters worse they left an aerosol can of "rubber cleaning" agent rolling around in the rear footwells, left large blobs of said sealant all over drivers door sill (god knows why its the passenger door playing up) and this glunk also then got all over the paintwork. total sham.

my E60 never put a foot wrong (and i've had two of them back to back) so far I am 2 weeks into E92 ownership and i've been to the dealers twice already so as you can imagine i am seriously unimpressed with it at the moment. i am sure its a good car but at the moment i couldn't care if i don't see the damn thing ever again.....bring back my 530i M-Sport all is forgiven!!!!! my 530 is sitting on their AUC forecourt and i swear i could here it speaking to me when i walked past it on saturday it was saying "serves you right you fool...all i did was serve you loyally and this is how you repay me..."
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2007, 04:22 PM   #5
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Sorry to hear of your problems. I hope you get things sorted to your satisfaction quickly.

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2007, 04:24 PM   #6
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernmonkey View Post
do you have any details on the fix as the dealer had the car for 2 days and its no f---ing different, to make matters worse they left an aerosol can of "rubber cleaning" agent rolling around in the rear footwells, left large blobs of said sealant all over drivers door sill (god knows why its the passenger door playing up) and this glunk also then got all over the paintwork. total sham.

my E60 never put a foot wrong (and i've had two of them back to back) so far I am 2 weeks into E92 ownership and i've been to the dealers twice already so as you can imagine i am seriously unimpressed with it at the moment. i am sure its a good car but at the moment i couldn't care if i don't see the damn thing ever again.....bring back my 530i M-Sport all is forgiven!!!!! my 530 is sitting on their AUC forecourt and i swear i could here it speaking to me when i walked past it on saturday it was saying "serves you right you fool...all i did was serve you loyally and this is how you repay me..."

REJECT the CAR - SIMPLE
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2007, 04:30 PM   #7
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
....well my new E92 was in thu/fri this week for its delivery faults to be fixed and the dealer fixed 2 out of 6 of them.

at the moment i wish i had not made the change from my E60 m-sport
Reject the dealer ... keep the car.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2007, 04:32 PM   #8
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I will be going to the dealer tomorrow. its an 80 mile round trip but I am so peeved off with this whole fiasco i don't care.

they will be open so they are getting a visit. they better be wearing their hard hats.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2007, 04:34 PM   #9
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Let us know how you get on.

But, look on the brightside you've got a better journey than me tomorrow. I'm driving to Argos to meet Carlos Fandango...
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2007, 04:40 PM   #10
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

thanks for all the replies. i will get this sorted one way or the other. I do want to keep the E92 but if i get even a whiff of complacency then that will be that.

i am so gutted as my E92 looks the mutts nutts and these niggles and faults have totally taken the shine of what should be a time for enjoying what i am sure could and should be an excellent car.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 04:43 AM   #11
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Quote:
i am so gutted as my E92 looks the mutts nutts and these niggles and faults have totally taken the shine of what should be a time for enjoying what i am sure could and should be an excellent car.
I sympathise fully!! I felt the same when my E93 cab had problems from virtually day one -

lasted 10 days before the electric power steering played up (would not self centre at motorway speeads after approx 60 miles of driving) - was in the dealer for 4 weeks - had it back for a week and then the high pressure fuel pump failed. The front wing was badly aligned from the factory - it went in again to have that rectified (the dealer did not bother doing it for the 5 weeks they had it even though I had reported the fault to them). It has since been back in to have replacement mats (the floor fixings were failing and the mats keep gettin under the pedals), and also for the ipod lead supplying (was missing when car was delivered)

I would have rejected but the cabs are on a 9 month lead time presently and did not want to wait that long for a replacement.

The dealer did not seem to care - the only way I got anythin done was to keep pestering BMW UK

Hope you get some luck today

Paul
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 06:05 AM   #12
Z4 Beemer
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [8.00]
I agree with NFS - reject the dealer! There are two main BMW dealers in Glasgow. I buy from one and have servicing/fault fixing done by the other (tho my E92 has been fault free after 8.5 months).
      08-27-2007, 09:33 AM   #13
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

well I took the car in today and they took it off me and put me in another car. not bad considering none of the mgmt were in. one of their staff i had not been dealing with came on a roadtest with me and clearly heard the whistling noise from the passenger door. he is currently driving an E92 staff car so was very quick to say "something is not right....". overall their reaction was very positive and the sales mgr even called me on his day off from home to apologise.

....so although my car is now back at the dealers at least they have "heard" the issues for themselves and can hopefully put a rocket up the aftersales mgr's a**e tomorrow and get this car sorted. this is their last chance, though i suspect if they still don't sort it they will just call in BMW UK's area tech guru for advice. had this happen with a previous car and BMW UK crawled all over it for 6 weeks before admitting defeat and replacing the car with a new one.

so whatever happens i'll let them have one more go and if its not right will lean heavily on BMW @ Bracknell to get me a new E92 built.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 10:12 AM   #14
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
mate i feel for you, take time to sit back and really go through al the available options before making a decision!

Carlos
      08-27-2007, 12:15 PM   #15
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Hope it works out and they get it sorted
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 01:12 PM   #16
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Glad you seem to be making progress with the dealer. Hope that they do give the aftersales a rocket and get your car sorted.

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 01:40 PM   #17
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 04:48 PM   #18
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

i had a pretty shitty exp with my dealer, only got a 3% discount, they didnt include OTR costings (adding £600 to final bill), had paintwork issues (needing a respray due to storage damage aka bird crap) etc i was without the car for a month (but had a 335i loaner) i also got an awful part-x deal, most of the fiscal issues were down to me having no prestige car buying exp. at all.. i now know, but these guys are pros!

needless to say the guy who did my order is no longer providing his services with bmw

the more i think about it, the more i should of rejected the car and got another one, glad that the rattle in the rear was sorted etc, but once the dealer manager took over he was superb
Appreciate 0