E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Hi discounts ?

08-25-2007, 04:37 AM   #1
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

Hi discounts ?

Hi i recently ordered a new e90 325d msport and received a discount of 11% in july ,My brother asked me to enquire as to a price to change his car and i have been told that everything has tightened up and 4% is now the way the dealers want to go ,Who can tell me different has anyone ordered a car this month and what did they get as way of a discount many thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2007, 08:38 AM   #2
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

I haven't ordered a car, but in last months Top Gear the second hand car dealer column had a bit saying that BMW were struggling right now and were discounting heavily.

That ties in with the broker prices, where for instance drive the deal are offering up to 16% discount, albeit tied to BMW finance.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2007, 06:06 PM   #3
bmw330d
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport

12.5% is the full dealer margin if you get this they are treating it as a number. If the car can be classed as ex demo then a further 6% is up for grabs.

I got 12.5% on the third call it really is not that hard!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2007, 08:06 AM   #4
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Yep, go to the dealers fully armed with quotes from internet dealers and put the dealers to the test -

"I really want to place an order with you today Mr.Dealer & am willing to give you a £1000 deposit, however I do not want to part with anymore of my hard earned, than this cheapest quote from *www.cheapestBMW.co.uk*", whilst sliding the quote under his nose!

Worked for me & I got a 16% discount.

*Not real,just an example, just in case 'someone' asks!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2007, 12:37 PM   #5
bungle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: not ordered yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Assume you took the BMW Finance then, and matched against drive the deal?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2007, 12:44 PM   #6
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe

Assume you took the BMW Finance then, and matched against drive the deal?
No chopped in my 330D,paying greenbacks on the balance.
Got a good deal on the P/ex considering I'm still driving it & the dealer has confirmed the price of the P/ex in writing, with no proviso of mileage being added post deal -time of new car.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2007, 12:49 PM   #7
bungle
Enlisted Member
Rep

You got a great deal then Hotcoupe. I thought it was only DTD that quoted a discount as high as 16% (and then it was conditional if you went for the finance). Just interested as you said you went in with a brokers quote, and that is exactly what I am going to do next week!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2007, 01:22 PM   #8
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Hey Bungle, yes I got a good deal & unfortunately I have deleted all the brokers quotes I used when negotiating it, otherwise I would have pointed you in the right direction.
I did my deal at the beginning of July and I have heard that dealers are being reined in, not wise when the Audi A5 is a good looker/alternative.

However this will be my 4th deal with the same guy,first was a E46 saloon,second was a E46 coupe,3rd was a Mini cab (for 'er' indoors) & the latest was the 335D.
So I am a good customer which he is only to well aware of & I like to think my deal reflects that fact.
Just use the quotes you take in, and don't be worried about walking out the door without doing the deal! In fact, I would mention that you are also considering the A5,wind him up to give you the car you really want (PS.DO look at the A5,it might surprise you)
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2007, 01:45 PM   #9
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

It pays to shop around

Hi i done my deal at trade for my x5 and 11% discount on my e90 325 d msport ,i sent my father in law in and thought he would get a similar deal but he got trade and 5% of his new e90 325 i se ,.things have changed in the last month ,I receive a quote for my brothers px e46 320 d touring and am told basic trade plus 4% is now the way they see things ,my father in law was told that the company that was behind the huge discounts has gone bust complete bollocks i wish i had sorted out the deal for him i am trully gutted i think hes ok with the deal but i think they took advantage ,

When i received the quote for my brothers px i was in total shock his e46 is absolutly beautiful condition the trade price they offered was 1k below book and the 4% discount off new basically made up the trade in to where it should be I look forward to telling the salesman no thanks . I had crap service back end of last week from there service dept this just adds more insult to how i feel
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 04:06 AM   #10
Art Man
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 320D SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
I haven't ordered a car, but in last months Top Gear the second hand car dealer column had a bit saying that BMW were struggling right now and were discounting heavily.

That ties in with the broker prices, where for instance drive the deal are offering up to 16% discount, albeit tied to BMW finance.
I was wondering what was going on. My wife is looking for a new car and other than BMW, the best discount she can get is 8%. But why is BMW struggling, the 3 series is in the top ten?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 04:29 AM   #11
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

bmw struggling??

I read some where 1 and 5 series production levels had been slashed .I belive certain models are in demand any thing with the 335 d engine , but its more like dealers just wanting more of a margin ,but then again there is plenty of online dealers still giving 14% - 16% so what are we to belive ,
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 04:37 AM   #12
1stKnight
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Roadster

My wife ordered an E91 325i Touring last weekend and the Dealer matched DriveTheDeal; 15-16% discount - this did include BMW Finance incentives too, however.
Previous car:
BMW E92 335i SE Manual 2006
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 04:49 AM   #13
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

finance another question

I was talking yesterday to a friend ,he has just bought a 335d 5 series touring fully loaded he was offered 8% from bmw corporate guy the car was £49k ,I didnt say to much but didnt seem that great he px a T5 VOLVO estate 4 years old they offered him £ 6500 and raised that to £8000 after he told them are you taking the P---. I personally think he would have been better buying from coast2coastcars.com and selling the volvo private ,He was told like i was 90% of cars are now sold on finance does any one agree with this
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 05:36 AM   #14
bungle
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stKnight View Post
My wife ordered an E91 325i Touring last weekend and the Dealer matched DriveTheDeal; 15-16% discount - this did include BMW Finance incentives too, however.
Hi 1stKnight, I presume you actually took the BMW Finance, rather than just getting the dealer to match the DTD quote that included a finance incentive?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 05:49 AM   #15
steph.uk
325D E92
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 325D Coupe M Sport

Hey

Start to worry, order a new 325D M sport from week 36 (new spec), and got nothing off at all....
The dealer says he gave me a good deal on my part ex 520d SE. Do you know where I could check that I get good value for the part ex which would overcome the discount I did not get?
Just to say, I order the car but did not sign any paperwork and neither left a deposit.
What's your thoughts on this guys?

ST
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 06:04 AM   #16
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

steph uk

Hi i ordered my new e90 early july 325 d msport auto leather etcetc i received 11% thats 3700 gbp and i received trade on my x5 .

some guys here have had better deals for sure and im sure some worse but it seemed as good as i was going to get but be 100% sure i will neve trust anything a bmw salesmen tells me again .I told him i wanted a fair deal and went away reasonably happy ,but then found pictures on hear off members who had been to the same dealer as me and got 6% more discount i was totally pissed off

After a strong email they offered me 11% to keep the deal alive but IMHO go shopping and ask ask and ask again like people on here say tell them you want the car but money is to hard to come buy so you nned that killer deal ,I would never use my local / nearest dealer again through choice good luck you will need it they are all stealers and will rob you at every oppotunity beware they only want your £££
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 06:23 AM   #17
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooba0010 View Post
Hi i ordered my new e90 early july 325 d msport auto leather etcetc i received 11% thats 3700 gbp and i received trade on my x5 .

some guys here have had better deals for sure and im sure some worse but it seemed as good as i was going to get but be 100% sure i will neve trust anything a bmw salesmen tells me again .I told him i wanted a fair deal and went away reasonably happy ,but then found pictures on hear off members who had been to the same dealer as me and got 6% more discount i was totally pissed off

After a strong email they offered me 11% to keep the deal alive but IMHO go shopping and ask ask and ask again like people on here say tell them you want the car but money is to hard to come buy so you nned that killer deal ,I would never use my local / nearest dealer again through choice good luck you will need it they are all stealers and will rob you at every oppotunity beware they only want your £££
Personally, I completely agree with you, scooba.

After all, BMW 'dealers' are there to make money for themselves, & in my opinion, customer service & maintaining a good relationship comes second.

Indeed, nobody is forcing you to buy the car, but I'm of the opinion that you'll get a similar response from most 'dealers', unless you are totally forthright with them.

If you don't like what you see, then just don't go for it.

The 'dealers' are well trained to recognise the 'cracks' in customers' approaches to them & they know exactly how to handle different responses.

As NFS has said a while back, say next to nothing to your dealer. Just show him a quote & don't answer any of his questions- it's something most people are 'scared' of doing- not answering or saying anything, but it's when you start 'talking' that the salesperson 'goes in for the kill'.

Personally, I couldn't be bothered going through the unnecessary hassle of buying from a UK dealership, so I bought direct from a German dealership 2 years ago, got around about a 15% discount compared to the same car purchased in the UK & have not had a single problem with warranty or service.

If I was going to do the same thing again, I'd use the likes of Drive the Deal & not even bother showing the quotes to my local 'dealer', unless I really wanted to buy from him & 'maintain' some good relationship!

Viv

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 06:44 AM   #18
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

im with you here viv

I have purchased 7 new cars in the last 13 years and i have to admit this has been the most unplesant deal/yet ,I dont ever remember feeling like i have this tome round the trust at my local bmw dealer has gone ,there after sales is crap at best ,i did have a paintwork issue last year and was offered no help /support at all the service manager a MR STEVE WEST is a complete w----r. The one thing im totally sure off is they are greedy money grabbers at best and thieving shits at worst .Do not trust any dealer is my advise .trust your gut feeling ,If i was told its list price take it or leave it there is a shortage we dont need to discount that would be fine and we are all treated equall but in my recent experiance i got 11% off after a huge row ./i sent my father in law in he came away with 5% then my brother was offered 4% ,what the fu-- is that about do they think we dont talk ?? I would now buy from c2c or dtd on line the savings are fantastic and sell your current ride private or even cheap to a friend but not to a stealer just my honest opinion .
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 06:54 AM   #19
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooba0010 View Post
I have purchased 7 new cars in the last 13 years and i have to admit this has been the most unplesant deal/yet ,I dont ever remember feeling like i have this tome round the trust at my local bmw dealer has gone ,there after sales is crap at best ,i did have a paintwork issue last year and was offered no help /support at all the service manager a MR STEVE WEST is a complete w----r. The one thing im totally sure off is they are greedy money grabbers at best and thieving shits at worst .Do not trust any dealer is my advise .trust your gut feeling ,If i was told its list price take it or leave it there is a shortage we dont need to discount that would be fine and we are all treated equall but in my recent experiance i got 11% off after a huge row ./i sent my father in law in he came away with 5% then my brother was offered 4% ,what the fu-- is that about do they think we dont talk ?? I would now buy from c2c or dtd on line the savings are fantastic and sell your current ride private or even cheap to a friend but not to a stealer just my honest opinion .
Some members won't agree with you, scooba, but I certainly do.

It's a 'free market, until you end up buying something in the UK- that's when you get sc*ewed!

Viv

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 07:40 AM   #20
1stKnight
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungle View Post
Hi 1stKnight, I presume you actually took the BMW Finance, rather than just getting the dealer to match the DTD quote that included a finance incentive?
Yeah, we took the BMW Finance. All in all, I think we got £5072 off list.

My car is with Prestige Car Finance as it worked out cheaper at the time and interest isn't loaded up front but the incentive my wife received made it about the same for her to stick with BMW F and she doesn't change car's as frequently as I do. Indeed, she is most determined to cull my need to change up my car every 18mths knowing that the M3 is firmly in my sights as my next car!
Previous car:
BMW E92 335i SE Manual 2006
Appreciate 0