E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > inspection 1 on e46 touring

08-24-2007, 12:11 PM   #1
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

inspection 1 on e46 touring

Hi i had the local bmw dealer service my brothers car while hes away on holiday as a favour , e46 320d touring auto leather and a few nice bits .anti freeze and brake fluid change along with inspection 1 ,now bearing in mind i had a 20% discount how much ?????????????????

First call today we notice your tyres well 3 are near the limit ? rear discs are below recomended size and the pads are low also front discs are low as well are they great ohhhh is that so ?? i explained id had it mot at the weekend and it was ok and that please only do the work i asked for as it wasnt my car .

second call was from the salesman i notice your car is in would you like us to appraise it and give you a price ,i agreed and said i know my brother wants a e90 320d in dark green please leave a quote in the car

this car was £28,500 and is 4 yrs old last month has 26k miles and is mint full bmw service history well its worth 10k against a new e90 ,

service was £409 . I explained to the salesman he can buy a e90 from coast2coastcars.com with 3600 off to his spec and knowing my brother he would rather sell the car 6400 to a mate than let you thieving bastards have another penny ,am i being weird

I had them collect my wifes mini cooper on returning the e46 to make life easy for there driver i explained the wipers are knackered and the interior light is broken to the service guy please repair and invoice me or warrenty but please fix them ,I arrived home and guess what same wipers and busted light and car was filthy .FOR FUCK SAKE i phoned them straight away they admitted they forgot and would i like to drive it over for them to do the work NO what is the point i am so fucked off with the useless wankers ,When i wanted it serviced i was told it cant be done until the service mileage is reached now when i asked again im told we will need to speak to bmw and get authorisation as it should have been done 5 months ago ,i explained yes but you insisted it doesnt require a service etc etc we have experianced a lot of this with customers getting confused ,I WAS ASKED WERE YOU HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE ON YOUR CAR YESTERDAY AND WAS IT CLEAN yes yes it was fine ,I then asked him is this the difference between tlc pack on a mini and a invoiced job on a customer car ,IE when you have paid up front for a service pack you have had the money and no longer are interested can someone tell me im not being cynical and am just unlucky thanks
Appreciate 0