E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > CDV Mod

08-14-2007, 02:21 PM   #1
Montego335i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M5

CDV Mod

Just did the CDV mod over the weekend. What a difference. Anyone driving a manual should do this mod or have it done. Shifting between 1st and 2nd is so much smoother now and you don't have the ambiguous clutch engagement feel any more. The car feels and drives like a BMW should!

I will have to say that it was a big pain. If you have big hands good luck. The clearance to get to the one clip that holds the one side of the CDV is very tight. And getting your one hand to the bleeder screw is also tricky--I say one hand becuase you can't get both hands up there to the screw. Imagine trying to attach a bleeder hose to the bleeder screw with one hand. Maybe with a lift it would be easier but I was using Rhino Ramps and on my back.

Anyway, it was worth the frustration.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 02:40 PM   #2
533ogetnom
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montego335i View Post
Just did the CDV mod over the weekend. What a difference. Anyone driving a manual should do this mod or have it done. Shifting between 1st and 2nd is so much smoother now and you don't have the ambiguous clutch engagement feel any more. The car feels and drives like a BMW should!

I will have to say that it was a big pain. If you have big hands good luck. The clearance to get to the one clip that holds the one side of the CDV is very tight. And getting your one hand to the bleeder screw is also tricky--I say one hand becuase you can't get both hands up there to the screw. Imagine trying to attach a bleeder hose to the bleeder screw with one hand. Maybe with a lift it would be easier but I was using Rhino Ramps and on my back.

Anyway, it was worth the frustration.

BTW did fluid come spraying out when you detatched the hoses, thats something ive been wondering about
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 03:09 PM   #3
Montego335i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M5

No not really. I wrapped a towel around the rubber clutch line to protect it and used a vice grip to clamp it off. Not too much dripped out--maybe an ounce or two. The towel soaked most of the brake fluid up and my shirt got the rest!
Appreciate 0