E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > window fuseable link

10-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
hardr85
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i e90

window fuseable link

Can someone please tell me where the fuseable link for the rear windows is on a 2007 BMW 328xi? I saw an older post that said it was under the rear seat, i looked but all i saw was the wiring to the fuel pump. Please b as specific as possible because i am mentaly challenged when it comes to car repair, but i am learning.

I am looking because i think it is bad. Ill readers digest the issue. Bought the car used, got it home rear passenger window motor would run but could tell by noise regulator was bad. Took door apart and cable was torn up. The rear passenger door did not work at all. When i took it apart there was no motor nor a regulator. Needless to say i had the warning light and annyoing ding. Took working motor plugged it into left side and the warning light went away. Put motor back on proper side and after two drive cycles the code came back. Ordered new/used motor. Put it in and nothing and also now the motor that was working now xoes not. Tried main window switches, each door switch with doors closed and no noise whatsoever. Checked the fuses and they are good. The only other thing i did was pull the two rear window fuses out after i had reset the warning light the second time the same way as before. When i put the new motor in i put the fuses back in with the car on, bad idea, lesson learned. I felt a little shock when i put one in, this leads me to beleive i may have blown the fuseable link. Does that sound logical? Could that have caused something else? Please help me, i am going crazy.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
hardr85
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i e90

Please help, any ideas at all. Anything else i might check. My last option is to remove warning sound speaker!
Appreciate 0