Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > tire question

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

10-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
es199492
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i e90 M-Sport ZMZ

tire question

hey guys!!

i have a 2011 335i xdrive with 7500 miles on it and my front tires are balding on the inside walls, i have a picture attached... please fill me in if you guys know why this is happening? the tread is like this on both front tires and they both still have the rubber whisker things on them, the tires are bridgestone potenza re050a rfts..

I also noticed that when i turn the wheel all the way to either side i hear a sound as if the tires are touching the car which I don't understand because the car is bone stock.. stock rims and stock drive height hope you guys can help!
Attached Images

10-15-2012, 08:01 AM   #2
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by es199492 View Post
hey guys!!

i have a 2011 335i xdrive with 7500 miles on it and my front tires are balding on the inside walls, i have a picture attached... please fill me in if you guys know why this is happening? the tread is like this on both front tires and they both still have the rubber whisker things on them, the tires are bridgestone potenza re050a rfts..

I also noticed that when i turn the wheel all the way to either side i hear a sound as if the tires are touching the car which I don't understand because the car is bone stock.. stock rims and stock drive height hope you guys can help!
Your alignment is off. My car was delivered like that too. Get it aligned fast before tires are worn completely.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 08:50 AM   #3
wahooooman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Atlantis M3

yup

This happened to me and my Michelins, ruined the tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BBS View Post
Your alignment is off. My car was delivered like that too. Get it aligned fast before tires are worn completely.
^^^^ this!!!

My alignment was off,
the toe was pointing too much outwards. The front of your tire (rim side) when driving in a straight line points towards the middle of the car basically for better grip with cornering, when pointed to much towards the tire away from the car the inside of your tires wear more quickly.

Hope this helped, good luck
      10-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #4
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahooooman View Post
This happened to me and my Michelins, ruined the tires.

^^^^ this!!!

My alignment was off,
the toe was pointing too much outwards. The front of your tire (rim side) when driving in a straight line points towards the middle of the car basically for better grip with cornering, when pointed to much towards the tire away from the car the inside of your tires wear more quickly.

Hope this helped, good luck
Like the OP's, mine was delivered this way. How the FU%$ are we supposed to discover this before its too late?
Appreciate 0