Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Front fenders, rolled/flared questions

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

10-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
Beas
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Skyline

Front fenders, rolled/flared questions

Id like to see some photos of some front fender work. im trying to make a little more room to ride lower on my 245/35/18 tires. The joint where the fender meets the front bumber seems to be the biggest issue on our cars.

Anybody relocated the bolt, and maybe flared out the fronts?

thanks, Beas
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #2
robc1976
DIYER
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beas View Post
Id like to see some photos of some front fender work. im trying to make a little more room to ride lower on my 245/35/18 tires. The joint where the fender meets the front bumber seems to be the biggest issue on our cars.

Anybody relocated the bolt, and maybe flared out the fronts?

thanks, Beas
lol!! I actually did a roll, had to use a Dremel on the plastic portion of the fender. I then had to relocate the outer bolt at the joint of the front clip/fender (one with the metal clip). I had to take a cutting wheel and cut back as much as possible on front..my tire was rubbing a bit there. Mine is not all pretty because you will never see it. If it was in the way I just removed it (inner fender). The biggest culprit was actually the plastic portion of the wheel well....I had to take a Dremel and sand it.

What I did with joint issue was on the tab on the front clip was drill a hole as far back as possible and use a counter sunken screw and then cut the rest out but it still holds great. When doing this be careful not to cut to much off or you will cut the portion out where the front fender meats the front lip and have a gap. I will get some pics for you tomorrow.
JB4 G5, Stage 3 LPFP, Stage 2 MOTIV PI, VM 6466 ST, Custom OCC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2, DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid SF bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, M3 fenders, M3 OEM sideskirts, Mtech rear bumper, CSL trunk, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Appreciate 1
Volasko705.00
      10-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #3
Beas
Private First Class
Rep

i was thinking about cutting that lip right at the joint. my tire rubs the same spot. im wondering if i can flare the fender slightly and still get the front bumber to pull out a bit to match up to the fender nicely.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
robc1976
DIYER
Rep

Quote:
i was thinking about cutting that lip right at the joint. my tire rubs the same spot. im wondering if i can flare the fender slightly and still get the front bumber to pull out a bit to match up to the fender nicely.
The bumper easily..I pulled my front clip out slightly and then put a screw where I wanted it...worked great...will post pics soon!
JB4 G5, Stage 3 LPFP, Stage 2 MOTIV PI, VM 6466 ST, Custom OCC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2, DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid SF bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, M3 fenders, M3 OEM sideskirts, Mtech rear bumper, CSL trunk, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #5
robc1976
DIYER
Rep

Quote:
are referring to the lip in the fender/wheel well?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #6
Beas
Private First Class
Rep

basically the lip where the fender attaches to the front bumper. the wheel well gets narrow towards the front end, and its hard to get the fitment just right.
Appreciate 0