Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Eurotechwheels??

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

07-30-2007, 10:40 PM   #1
ChrisLK
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Eurotechwheels??

Anyone have experience with eurotech wheels?? I just question the quality since the prices seem awful low for some very nice looking rims? Anyone seen any reviews on this companies wheels??

http://www.eurotechwheels.com/

I like these in particular:
Style 840 (18"):
http://www.eurotechwheels.com/catalo...D=1&itemID=296
Style 850 (19") :
http://www.eurotechwheels.com/catalo...D=1&itemID=297

Also have considered the following wheels from www.**********s.com..They cost a bit more, but i have heard good things about these wheels??

19" CSL replicas :
http://www.**********s.com/product.a...id=velocity009
18" CSL replicas :
http://www.**********s.com/product.a...id=velocity008
19" Audi-ish replicas :
http://www.**********s.com/product.a...8RS4StyleWheel
Espicially like teh onyx black mettalic .. but not quite sure if it will look with the paint color on my 2006 325i (titanium silver metallic)??

Also was wondering if anyone knows of any clearance/rubbing issues with any of these rims if i use non-staggered setup..with 225/40r18 or 235/35r19 for the respective rims??

Any help would be appreciated becuase I'm truley a newbie at modding cars. This is the first car i have had that is worthy of some mods.

Thanks,
Chris
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2007, 10:50 PM   #2
AoshichanX
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Basically, if you are on a tight budget, it can be considered an upgrade from your stocks.

But you should know that the wheels are usually heavier. Usually when you buy wheels you upgrade from your stock wheels to something that is not only bigger in size and more performance.

This is my current debacle right now.

$1200 complete package now, or $2000 a little bit later?

EDIT: Cheers btw, I used to go to school at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland

Last edited by AoshichanX; 07-30-2007 at 10:51 PM.. Reason: Shoutout
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 10:11 AM   #3
montreal_bimmer
OEMconcept
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2006 325i  [10.00]
plain replica wheels..... nothing special....

the ones from **********s are probably better quality.... and lighter...
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 10:30 AM   #4
6MTFTMFW
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F30 340i 6MT

Garage List
2019 BMW 440i  [0.00]
2018 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Probably same "made in china" stuff. I don't like how they say that it fits all BMW's, that probably means wrong offsets for e90.

At least JLevi and **********s have correct fitments
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 11:50 AM   #5
ChrisLK
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

The lack of any information about offsets and the blanket statement that the wheels fit all BMW's kinda struck me funny too panerai7. I really dont wanna get new rims and have to modify my fit with spacers/etc, or worst of all have rims that really dont fit well at all. At least with **********s i believe that the rims will be more install and go (kinda like plug&play with computer stuff..LOL). I'm not looing to spend alot of hours screwwing around with rims/tires to make them work...

Does anyon else have any preferences for wheels in the same price range?? Right now I'm pretty much open and am still looking around?? Any other websites??

BTW:AoshichanX....Case is a great school, but I'm a little bias to my OHIO STATE BUCKEYES!!, I'm actually working only a few miles from the Case campus (Shaker heights)..
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2007, 12:36 AM   #6
AoshichanX
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Hehe awesome, I am in socal again so I feel no more loyalty to Case haha.

I am in your price range. Here is my experience: definitely explore your options thoroughly. Before, I could only see **********s. Their package pricing was certainly attractive. But through eBay I found VMR, also a supporting vendor here who offers the same product with different tires. VMR also has a new style that I liked better than the CSLs.

But socal has a lot of bodyshops and rims shops so I drove around, got quotes and talked to people. There is a big difference when you negotiate in person, I've had DPEs (various) and iForged Seneka Black wheels offered to me at ~$3000 installed with Falken wheels OTD.

Of course that was still out of my budget so basically it is narrowed down to

HyperBlack CSLs/V-714 from either VMR or **********s
+cheap!
+style looking nice, albeit kinda like stock wheels
-heavy

NAD-1 Black
+style is nice...kinda Volk Racing-ish
+classy after-market look
-price is a bit higher...almost to the point of spending a few more $$ to get name brand

DTR-1 Black / DTR-4 HyperBlack
+style is nice
+classy after-market look
-price is a bit higher...almost to the point of spending a few more $$ to get name brand

Ruff Racing Style 281 Black from TheModCity
+style is nice
+price is decent
-after-market look but with some rice
-not really for BMW cars from what I read.

All these tires are available on eBay for significantly cheaper is you want to go that route. Unfortunately for me, most of them are in Florida, so I'd be unable to hunt them down if anything wrong happens, and in the world of paypal...everything can and will go wrong lmao.

Paypal is so convenient but so so insecure. By the time you file a paypal dispute, the money's been drained and the account is dry, nothing you can do even if the claim is filed in your favor.

Note: Don't underestimate local ethnic influence. Check for the dominant ethnic group of your region. They are usually the ones with the legitimate hookups ^_^.

Last edited by AoshichanX; 08-01-2007 at 12:56 AM.. Reason: Hyperlinked
Appreciate 0